Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gordonscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone, glad to meet fellow divers! I learned to dive on the island of O'ahu. I live there during the summers and visit on-and-off the rest of the year. Initially I was just working my way through various certifications from PADI, NAUI, TDI, and, although I never want to stop learning, my goal for this year is exploration. My favorite moments diving are discovering a site that is "new" (well, at least new to me... most dive sites around Hawaii have probably been found by humans at some point). My eventual goal is to develop a very detailed map of the coolest dive sites around the Hawaiian islands, with a special focus on locating sites that are NOT visited by high-volume tourist companies. I do not want to publish this map, but to share it quietly with others who also have a respect for marine life and a kuleana to care for the ocean. Looking for places that are still clean and pristine, and to keep them that way for as long as possible by respecting the marine life and their home. I usually get along well with everyone who's serious about diving, but I'll be especially happy to meet other divers who will be on O'ahu over the summer (or who live there), and who might be interested in forming a sort of informal "exploration team" with a safety-first ethos and an emphasis on conservatism, careful dive planning, and attention to detail wherever it might impact safety.

Back
Top Bottom