Target Heart Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LG Diver- You are correct however we must not discount the potential of "juiceing" also which will explain the defensive, insulting behavior. It is unfortunate that a debate cannot take place without encountering someone with a "superiority" complex. Did you know that there is a recent study by Dr.Idonu regarding insecurity and steriods stating that 50% of those muscleheads actually juice daily and engage in abusive behavior... I can't remember the rest of the study but I think the H/R goes up to 180bpm also....
I really do not care to listen to someone who is arguementative and has to always be correct.

Lets all agree to disagree with the understanding that fitness has many outcomes with many variables. There is no right or wrong answers....

SteveDiver:
we must not discount the potential of "juiceing" also which will explain the defensive, insulting behavior.

hehehe. The thought has crossed my mind. :D

Well this has been very educational and entertaining.. Thanks to all for the answers... Some to questions I never even asked...

countryboy:
Well this has been very educational and entertaining.. Thanks to all for the answers... Some to questions I never even asked...

yes, but we still don't have the answers to the all-important questions:

"What is the relationship between the central nervous system, Acetylcholine, Calcium Ions, and Motor end plates?

" How does the Class of lever of any given joint affect the selection of exercises, type, or resistance?"

I'm all tingly with anticipation to find out. When you guys get the PM with the secret meaning of LT, will you share?

LG Diver:

"What is the relationship between the central nervous system, Acetylcholine, Calcium Ions, and Motor end plates?

" How does the Class of lever of any given joint affect the selection of exercises, type, or resistance?"

Would like to know as well..

Am still researching and learning..

I did find out the heartrate monitors on the Precor machines are Polar.

Well folks - I just spent a half hour cleaning up the mess that was created in this thread. I had to remove it since it was so filled with angst, but after a good long hosing down, I find there is still information that is worth reading.

To the offenders - you have been warned to play nice. I would hope that you will be able to discuss this topic in a civil fashion. If you are incapable of doing so, then this thread will disappear...

Carry on.

So, I did the "intensity bursts" today Izzy. I think I am going to like this. I think I am going to start a new thread and try to extract some nutrition scoop from you masterminds. we can't live on pop-corn around here!

Some good advice in here... I'll just add my 25 cents and say that a structured approach that includes weight lifting, intense cardiovascular activity, rest, and diet is the way to go. Seldom is the answer to fitness black and white but is rather more of a grey smudge of all of the above plus individual preference. Coach izzy has given some solid advice.

Whether you are tracking your heart rate or doing 5000 bicep curls (both of which are not very effective) or just embracing some program you found on the internet, it is likely you will see a change in your appearance by simply eating right. The battle for fitness is won in the kitchen, which will seem obvious to you once you continue your research.

BTW, it is ignorant to say all weightlifters and bodybuilders use steroids. This is simply not the case and is a gross generalization. Show some respect.

-V

Vayu, Please show me where it states that ALL weightlifters and bodybuilders use steroids... At times my med students have the problem of reading whats not there also.... Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom