Target Heart Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will concede that you did not say that all weight lifters use steroids, but you did imply by your post that steroid use was prevalent among weightlifters. You also referred to them as "muscleheads" and implied that those giving fitness advice regarding resistance training were substance abusers. I doubt that 50% of lifters have this problem. Got any more meaningless statistics to share?

-V

Not going to argue with you.You are a day late and a dollar short.. to get the point of the comments you would have had to follow this thread before it was edited.. key word you are using is "implied" which shows again that you are drawing your own conclusion and making assumptions..BTW the post you are incorrectly quoting also has a Doctor IDONU ever hear of him??? It is a sarcastic post that is not meant to be factual...The reason for the post was to bring MEANINGLESS STATISTICS to light...

yea, we got pruned, big time.

catherine96821:
yea, we got pruned, big time.

I know and it was just getting good too... LOL... I am working out now keeping an eye on the forums..

yea, it is possible to treadmill and SB, but this interval stuff is killing me!

Izzy, I think you are on to somethging with this "overtraing syndrome" and his resting heart rate. I did google and the resting HR of 100 with the weight loss and his manic training (I think) that he was doing every day at 0400 and then again later in the evening, well, according to this the stress hormones (cortisol, etc) can put you into a sympathetic dominant state. I really think this is it. I am going to see if he is getting adequate rest between runs and cycling, etc. I was at a loss when the thyroid panel came back normal. I also felt he was not eating enough protein, no breakfast, etc.

Not eating right and working out do not go togethor at all.

-V

OE2X:
Well folks - I just spent a half hour cleaning up the mess that was created in this thread. I had to remove it since it was so filled with angst, but after a good long hosing down, I find there is still information that is worth reading.

To the offenders - you have been warned to play nice. I would hope that you will be able to discuss this topic in a civil fashion. If you are incapable of doing so, then this thread will disappear...

Carry on.

I am from Scubaboard and I am here to help. (Heard that one before?)

Oh, and so glad you were able to cull out what was worth reading.

Carry on...what arrogance!

scububa:
I am from Scubaboard and I am here to help. (Heard that one before?)

Oh, and so glad you were able to cull out what was worth reading.

Carry on...what arrogance!

But it's a much happier place now!

Carry on with your sanitized discussion.

I was enjoying the show to be honest. you are all so passionate!

I am about to drop dead on that interval stuff...I had to lower the incline from 10 to 6.
hey, I just realized except for all the "commentary about the commentary", I am just talking to myself.

catherine96821:
Izzy, I think you are on to somethging with this "overtraing syndrome" and his resting heart rate. I did google and the resting HR of 100 with the weight loss and his manic training (I think) that he was doing every day at 0400 and then again later in the evening, well, according to this the stress hormones (cortisol, etc) can put you into a sympathetic dominant state. I really think this is it. I am going to see if he is getting adequate rest between runs and cycling, etc. I was at a loss when the thyroid panel came back normal. I also felt he was not eating enough protein, no breakfast, etc.

Izzy's the other guy, unless he gave you the same advice about your boyfriend, too. <g>

I've experienced this myself, and I've dealt with it with many of my athletes. Be forewarned that a case as bad as your boyfriend's will take a long time to recover from- weeks if he were to cut back on his training a ton, months if he tries to "train through it." <g> It is very frustrating, because it is generally a result of a love for training, but it has wrecked the season of many an endurance athlete.

Cameron

Back
Top Bottom