Tank Rental/air fills on the Big Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haj0012

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,

I'm headed to the Big Island at the begining of October with some friends. We are staying in the Kona Paradise subdivision. We are looking to do mostly shore diving, and are going ot need to rent tanks & weights. Is there anyone to rent tanks from and/or get air fills close to where we are staying?

I'll look up the shore dives from the other threads!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Holly

Most the dive ops are in the same general area. I prefer Big Island Divers myself just because there is always parking near the door and they simply swap out rentals, no waiting for air fills. In June it cost me $28 per tank, including air fills for the whole week. I was shocked, have paid much more than this with them in the past. I thought it must be a mistake, but was told it is their new policy. I'll be interested to see how long that sticks around!

Kona Paradise is a pretty long way from "town". The closest place to get fills/rent tanks is Space Diving Hawaii »Blog Archive» The center "Space Diving / Deep Sea Diver", in Captain Cook.

There are lots of other dive operators in Kailua Kona - plenty to choose from.

There is good shore diving at Black Pebble Beach, at the bottom of Kona Paradise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom