Are some days quieter at CBBR? Any other advice for someone staying other than at the resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terramar

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've visited the CBBR about 5 years ago with my daughter and we had a great time.

I'm returning to the Brac again, this time with my partner, staying in a rental home for about a month, from mid-January on.

We're looking to dive 3-4 days a week while we are there, and I've spoken a little with CBBR about diving with them, but I'd love to hear from people who have gone out with both them and the Brac Scuba Shack for recommendations.

One thing I recall from when I was at CBBR was that Saturday mornings were pretty dead - I think that people mostly came in and left on saturdays, and so the boats were fairly empty. I asked the CBBR people about this, but they sort of deflected the question, saying "We can't tell now exactly how busy we will be on any given day". I'm not looking for a commitment, just a general idea as to whether my recollection is accurate - are Saturday morning quieter than other days? Are any other days like that? I'm just trying to figure out how far in advance we need to book dives if we use them, or if we'll maybe have a little flexibility to sort of book days as we go along.

We're looking to do some shore diving, so I assume we'll be getting tanks from the Brac Scuba Shack - that seems to be what I see recommended. Is CBBR renting out tanks for shore dives, if you don't stay at the resort?

Any other hints or tips are appreciated - both for diving or for any sort of longer-term stays on the island.

Thanks!

I was there this year and Saturday was the quiet day. Only 4 divers on the boat.

There is a possibility that there might not be any divers at CBBR on a /Saturday in which case they would probably not go out at all for just walk in divers.

I've visited the CBBR about 5 years ago with my daughter and we had a great time.

I'm returning to the Brac again, this time with my partner, staying in a rental home for about a month, from mid-January on.

We're looking to dive 3-4 days a week while we are there, and I've spoken a little with CBBR about diving with them, but I'd love to hear from people who have gone out with both them and the Brac Scuba Shack for recommendations.

One thing I recall from when I was at CBBR was that Saturday mornings were pretty dead - I think that people mostly came in and left on saturdays, and so the boats were fairly empty. I asked the CBBR people about this, but they sort of deflected the question, saying "We can't tell now exactly how busy we will be on any given day". I'm not looking for a commitment, just a general idea as to whether my recollection is accurate - are Saturday morning quieter than other days? Are any other days like that? I'm just trying to figure out how far in advance we need to book dives if we use them, or if we'll maybe have a little flexibility to sort of book days as we go along.

We're looking to do some shore diving, so I assume we'll be getting tanks from the Brac Scuba Shack - that seems to be what I see recommended. Is CBBR renting out tanks for shore dives, if you don't stay at the resort?

Any other hints or tips are appreciated - both for diving or for any sort of longer-term stays on the island.

Thanks!
I can't answer your question, but how did you find a home to rent for a month?? That sounds like an amazing idea!!

I can't answer your question, but how did you find a home to rent for a month?? That sounds like an amazing idea!!
Sorry for the late reply!

Airbnb.

We are at the Cayman Breakers right now, through Feb 11!

It’s a nice quiet location. Too rough to swim, snorkel, or dive right here, though. And internet has been a problem. Apparently, this is the only building on the island that hasn’t been hooked up to the island-wide fiber network.

I’ll be doing a bit of diving with both CBBR and Brac Scuba Shack this week, and I’m looking forward to seeing how each operates.

Also looking for anyone who wants to do some shore diving over the next few weeks-I could use a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom