Of interest to people wanting to shore dive in Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy, I don't think the police will be able to resolve the recent uptick in crimes on Grand Cayman. Between the recession, inflation and Covid, many native Caymanians are increasingly desperate. Where there is poverty and desperation, unfortunately crime follows.
Perhaps, but it is also possible that individuals who make the personal decision to use/deal in illegal drugs - and then commit crimes to pay for their drug habits - might be a significant factor in this recent increase in criminal activity. Apparently, illegal drugs and gang violence have recently become a big problem in Provo in the Turks and Caicos and I hope that it doesn't also happen in Cayman.

Perhaps, but it is also possible that individuals who make the personal decision to use/deal in illegal drugs - and then commit crimes to pay for their drug habits - might be a significant factor in this recent increase in criminal activity. Apparently, illegal drugs and gang violence have recently become a big problem in Provo in the Turks and Caicos and I hope that it doesn't also happen in Cayman.
Possible yes - have you seen anything reliable that says it is, though? We can speculate forever on things - poverty due to COVID, illegal immigrants and so on... suggest we don't start unfounded speculations

Possible yes - have you seen anything reliable that says it is, though? We can speculate forever on things - poverty due to COVID, illegal immigrants and so on... suggest we don't start unfounded speculations
Good idea, I was referring to the reports of criminal activity on Provo in the T&Cs, but Cayman is a different country and I hope that they will be able to get things in order quickly.

We just got off the phone with the Cayman Brac Beach Resort. They are now not renting out tanks for shore diving. We have been to Cayman Brac several times and had rented shore tanks from them in the past. We have also dove off of their boats. Apparently, not allowing the use of shore diving tanks is a new policy since covid.

That leaves only the Brac Scuba Shack for obtaining shore diving tanks. We have also used them in the past for both shore and boat diving. On some trips, we ended up using both CBBR and Brac Scuba Shack for shore diving tanks.

Our issue with this is that if the Brac Scuba Shack is the only source available for shore diving, if there are any issues such as a compressor going down, etc, it will not be possible to dive.

We were very excited to resume shore diving in Cayman Brac, it is now a risk that we do not know, if we want to take.
I have a compressor at my house. Let me know when you are coming. 🖕 Reef divers

Thanks for the offer. Very generous of you.

We did conduct our first trip since Covid back in June. We used the Brac Scuba Shack as we have many times in the past and we were well satisfied with the service as before.

Thanks for the offer. Very generous of you.

We did conduct our first trip since Covid back in June. We used the Brac Scuba Shack as we have many times in the past and we were well satisfied with the service as before.
Yes Scuba Shack is the way to go. Alexander is a nicer hotel just not on the water.:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom