Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked the webcam and there's people on the beach and it the water. It looks a lot better than yesterday. The viz over there now is probably like our best over here (Venice)!!

I just checked the webcam and there's people on the beach and it the water. It looks a lot better than yesterday. The viz over there now is probably like our best over here (Venice)!!

Lets hope it keeps gettin better. To bad theres not an underwater webcam :D
Ya know what I just realized--- the last time I dove Boynton was Aug 23/24, right after Hurricane Faye...LOL

Last edited:
Is anyone staying in the area Saturday night? I have a totally separate group of 6 friends going on another dive charter from Boynon Beach Saturday and Sunday. I made these arrangements before I heard about your trip and I cannot cancel but I would love to meet anyone that will still be around Saturday night. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express by the interstate and are diving with sixpackdivers.com Saturday afternoon and Sunday AM. We will be leaving Sunday afternoon. If anyone wants to meet up, PM me and I will send you my cell#.

I called Parrot Island (Pelican for MissD:wink:) and the guy I spoke to said vis is 30'-35' at 100ft. So it will be worse than that shallower. I bet there is no vis in the Gulf. Venice is mostly likely a no go for this weekend. I'd much rather be on the east coast at this point. :D

I called Parrot Island (Pelican for MissD:wink:) and the guy I spoke to said vis is 30'-35' at 100ft. So it will be worse than that shallower. I bet there is no vis in the Gulf. Venice is mostly likely a no go for this weekend. I'd much rather be on the east coast at this point. :D

Venice?? Who said anything about venice - LOL. It will probably be about like it was when I went over after hurricane Faye. There were times when I was going down the line that I couldnt see anything/anyone around me but once I got down around 40/45 feet, I had about 35' vis. The current on the reef at 100' was so bad that we called the dive after about 14 minutes - so hopefully we wont have that, Faye had just been through there a few days earlier.

Bill & Robin - I am pretty sure everyone in our group is heading back to Tampa Saturday afternoon, after lunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom