Tampa Bay's Friendly Chat Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers screwing divers. Wonderful. :shakehead:

Have you seen the new FaceBook page?

Blue Heron Bridge Dive ClubJust had a conversation with Dennis Eshleman, Director of Palm Beach County Parks. He informed me that changes are in the works about strengthening the ordinances for Phil Forster Park on the “NO TAKE”. As of right now it’s a 2nd or 3rd degree misdemeanor, punishable fines up to $500 or 60 days in jail.

Thank you I just joined. :)

Is that common? Are divers allowed to "take" anything they want?
No, it's not common and... while it happens more than it should, it doesn't happen often.

It's more common for a seahorse to relocate with its mate over time.

Additionally, some say things like, "I didn't see the yellow seahorse last time, but there was a grey one in the area. I wonder what happened to the yellow one? I bet someone poached it from the water and deprived the grey one of a mate..."

They say these things without understanding that seahorses, like many underwater creatures, have the ability to adapt by changing color to blend in their environment. Sometimes people just miss them and sometimes they mistake the color change for being a different seahorse. I've watched a seahorse change to 4 different colors in just a few minutes

Someone asked me why this discussion thread is more about Blue Heron Bridge and east coast diving than it is about west coast diving.

My explanation:

Water temps in the Gulf are currently running in the low 50s. Some west coast divers will layer to 9mm or dive dry in the Gulf, some west coast divers switch to grottoes and springs, but many of us use the winter time to catch up on east coast dives where the water is in the upper 60s - lower 70s.

When the water in the Gulf goes to the 60s - 70s range, the majority of west coast divers will begin diving the Gulf on a regular basis again. Then, conversation on this thread will again move to more Gulf and west coast dive discussions.
====
With that said... Anyone who is making Gulf dives... EVERYONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT THOSE DIVES! The fact you braved the waters is enough that we want to hear and talk about it!

Y'all have some really cool activities! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom