Tampa Bay's Friendly Chat Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will Facebook images display here?

22159_1301127602321_1054359628_30920147_3326342_n.jpg

Yes!!! Elena looks so tiny!!! Or are you like 6'6"?

The wind was whipping and cold.

Ice was slowly forming on the surface of the grotto. It was determined that no one else had the situational awareness to detect this phenomenon but me, and it was also determined that MsElenaous' and my built in thermometers on our PDCs are off by almost 30 degrees! They only registered 63F and I could tell by my ears that these waters were nigh to freezing! :D

I was not happy with my new SI Tech wrist seals. Not at all.

I am just under 6', but it should be noted that Elena was standing on a plastic milk carton and wearing stiletto booties.

Yes!!! Elena looks so tiny!!! Or are you like 6'6"?

The wind was whipping and cold.

Ice was slowly forming on the surface of the grotto. It was determined that no one else had the situational awareness to detect this phenomenon but me, and it was also determined that MsElenaous' and my built in thermometers on our PDCs are off by almost 30 degrees! They only registered 63F and I could tell by my ears that these waters were nigh to freezing! :D

:thumb: You tell 'em!!! Crazy people diving in water under 75F. :shakehead:

I am just under 6', but it should be noted that Elena was standing on a plastic milk carton and wearing stiletto booties.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Yay! Rumble!!!

63? Im wondering if that means the gulf temp is actually close to that?
Gonna have to give the gulf another try soon!
I don't know about that. Hudson Grotto has three layers: Fresh, Sulfer and Salt. The first two were frigid with the fresh going from the surface to about 95' and the sulfer going to about 100'. Below 100 feet it was NICE. Far, far warmer than the other layers. I didn't catch the temp, but I bet it was a good 10 degrees warmer.

Say, does anyone have a surface water temp off the Pine Island area? I'm paddling from there to Cayo Costa next weekend.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom