Tampa Bay area Divers, Part 2.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver:
Look dad, flying fish!
What?
Flying fish dad!
What have I told you about making stuff up!
I'm not making it up dad....the're out there.
Thats it! I'm tired of this nonsense, one more time and.....
(This is where I came in)
UH Dave...
yeah?
There really are flying fish.
(blank look)
look over there for a minute.
Holy $%#&! The're flying!
yep.

lmfao!!! :lol3:
I've been in this conversation!
Greetings to all. I was born and raised in Clearwater (Don't hold it against me), got married and moved to Bloomingdale, seperated on the way to divorce, moved back to Pinellas and I am always looking for dives (she got the boat... ^%$#).

I see most of your trips are booked up for the next few weekends, but let me know when there is room. If I can't find anything here for this weekend, I will get up around 3:30 AM on Saturday and trek my butt over to Pompano and get on the 8:00 AM boat out from there.

Sound off if there is some more room

Anyone wanting to get on a boat in Pompano and get back to the Tampa Bay area before night fall?

Let me know. If there's no room on a Gulf Boat this weekend. I will be driving to Pompano in the Jeep GC - Room for up to 3 additional divers and gear

Let me know if you are interested.

We can dive a wreck from 70-130' and kick in a drift at 50-60' and be back in time for dinner.

yeah but poulfishing has a slightly different meaning :)

CoolTech:
Anyone wanting to get on a boat in Pompano and get back to the Tampa Bay area before night fall?

Let me know. If there's no room on a Gulf Boat this weekend. I will be driving to Pompano in the Jeep GC - Room for up to 3 additional divers and gear

We can dive a wreck from 70-130' and kick in a drift at 50-60' and be back in time for dinner.

How long does it take you to drive there?

I am not sure what I am doing thus far. I don't think I have any plans, yet.

Too bad about your boat...

Still room on the "Wake" for the 7th. So far I have four, and with a little organization I can do six.

Which charter are you using in Pompano?

Rich

Missdirected:
How long does it take you to drive there?

Depending on traffic approx. 4 hours (at the speed limit... bwaaaa haaa haaa!)
258 miles to the boat... usually head straight out 60 and turn at the Fl. Turnpike that cuts an hour off the trip

I just finished posting images from Easter Weekend.

Saturday: Dove Rodeo25 at 128', then drift at 50-60, twilight on the Sea Emperor at 74' to a night drift at 45-55

Sunday: Back to the Sea Emperor and another drift at 50-60

Vis = 110'
Boat time to first sight = 15-20min.... Imagine, in sight of shore and still in 100+ depth... that's living!

Then home... I was tired Sunday night...lol

frogman_5:
Which charter are you using in Pompano? Rich

Usually call Lighthouse Dive on N. Riverside.... they have my card on file and charge the $45.00 right there.

I forget the name of the charter service right next to them... but, that's who I usually use.

They also own the Sands hotel right next door. I got a $79.00 per night room over Easter weekend... whew!

Hi All!

I'm new to boards, but have been tracking this thread.

You guys sound like a BLAST!!

If there still room on the May 7th Dive w/Duncan trip, I'd like to join you.

Cheers!!
Kim

eh... i would join you all but im outta money right now :( ... but i have a fill card so ive got air... im gonna find a puddle :D

CoolTech:

that sounds cool. you planning on going soon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom