Talked to Scubapro US yesterday and they said the Mk19 is a go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about this black carbon "tech" coating they're pimping? Is there any real benefit or is it just a techni-cool way of getting another few $100? I guess I can see less corrosion. But is the coating just going to inhibit the heat transfer from the metal surfaces in cold water?

I realize that both the MK17 and MK19 are diaphragm regulators. Can anyone speak to the actual internal mechanical design of the two and how they compare?

I realize that both the MK17 and MK19 are diaphragm regulators. Can anyone speak to the actual internal mechanical design of the two and how they compare?
Same service kit

Here in Oz the price difference between a Mk17 and a Mk19 1st stage is $424 AU
Mk17 with G260 , Mk 19 with D420, the difference is $504 AU
Big disparity in cost IMHO, if the 'guts' of the 1st stage is the same, or close enough with the same service kit [no turret though].
What would I know, all my Scubapro 1st stages are piston.

Same service kit

the service kit that has been around for the mk17/19 is for the older European model. The new Mk19 has some different parts that are different colored to differentiate them from the mk17/19 kits. There is a new kit, I just don’t have the part number for the kit.

the service kit that has been around for the mk17/19 is for the older European model. The new Mk19 has some different parts that are different colored to differentiate them from the mk17/19 kits. There is a new kit, I just don’t have the part number for the kit.

I bet the new updated kits cost more than the older ones too. Not that SP would ever take advantage...:D

I think the Mk17 evo and Mk19 evo take the same service kit. The guts are sorta similar. In order to have a smaller profile than the original Mk19 the evo uses 2 main springs, one inside the other.

I think the Mk17 evo and Mk19 evo take the same service kit. The guts are sorta similar. In order to have a smaller profile than the original Mk19 the evo uses 2 main springs, one inside the other.
The old 17 kits works perfectly in the EVO 17 and since I haven’t seen a new 19 I can’t say for sure but I bet the kits are actually the same.

The main difference, if I recall correctly is the hp valve assembly is different on the new 19 vs the 17/19 kit. Will the old one work? I don’t know, I haven’t tried it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom