Talked to Scubapro US yesterday and they said the Mk19 is a go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That makes it a requirement as far as you are concerned, it would be for me :p

Seriously, I happen to agree with you if you haven't noticed. The reasons you bring out are practical points more than "emotional" points. I believe that it should be a requirement from a practical point of view not as an agency standards point of view. I see how the hoses get bent and stressed on non-rotating first stages. Rotating turrets are superior in this regard.

It's a requirement for me. I think a bottom port and rotating turret are objectively better.

But, there is such a wealth of collective experience with using regs of the ScubaPro Mk17 style successfully and safely that I don't feel like I could say it has to be mandatory for anyone diving backmount doubles.

One is better, but the other really is good enough, if that's what the diver wants.

I am hoping to see Mk19/S600 sets eventually.

I think eventually they'll sell the MK19 with G260 too. And hopefully eventually just as a single stage I hope, along with the passing of the virus and full time work.

Meanwhile.... the Mk25 EVO/G260 sells for $810. And the Mk19 EVO/D420 is $960.

And the environmentally sealed, w/swivel turret and bottom port, Atomic M1 is $730. And the environmentally sealed, w/no swivel turret, but with bottom port, Atomic Z2 is $500.

The Mk19 is cool and all, and I would definitely like to experience a D420. But, if I actually had to buy a new reg set, it would be Atomic over any of the SP options. Assuming I got no or equivalent discounts on both, of course.

Meanwhile.... the Mk25 EVO/G260 sells for $810. And the Mk19 EVO/D420 is $960.

And the environmentally sealed, w/swivel turret and bottom port, Atomic M1 is $730. And the environmentally sealed, w/no swivel turret, but with bottom port, Atomic Z2 is $500.

The Mk19 is cool and all, and I would definitely like to experience a D420. But, if I actually had to buy a new reg set, it would be Atomic over any of the SP options. Assuming I got no or equivalent discounts on both, of course.

I'm not champing at the bit for one either. Would like to see one but am most interested to know what its ip swing is.

My shop has said I could order the Mk19 by itself, so I pair it with my 260s. Course that means I have 2 Mk25s and 5 Mk17s to find a new home :yeahbaby::yeahbaby::yeahbaby:

If your objective is to have great-breathing first stages that are environmentally sealed, with a swivel turret and a bottom port, you could just re-home your complete Mk25 and Mk17 sets, and buy (the less expensive) Atomic M1 regs.... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom