Taking my Pets to Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You cats will likely get intestinal parasites while in utila--some of the heartworm preventatives also have worming meds in them (i know for dogs they do anyway)--you might want to talk to your vet about getting those pills (take 1 a month)

Well, we all arrived, safe and sound, was an interesting journey, left for the airport at 9pm, got into Halifax at midnight, woke up at 330am to get my flight. After a quick stop in JFK, got to see some of my family there, then to Miami with a 5 hr layover.

Last leg was to SPS, arrived at 730pm, and as Roatanman said they pulled the ol local vet garbage on me, my seatmate on the flight got one there for me in 20 min. Now the Honduran embassy in Canada is "trying" to sort that out with the airport but im not holding my breath on getting my document cert. money back.

Stayed at microtel Inn, treated us like kings, would stay there again in a heartbeat. Then took the flight to utila via SOSA, we had to wait in La Ceiba for our extra bags to arrive, but it was worth it.

Utila airport was interesting, fortunately id see pics of it ahead of time. Mango Inn staff was great to us, and found a sweet apartment on the Island, taking a few weeks off for the holidays before doing my DM, saw a nice version of my avatar on the Haliburton wreck, he was HUGE.

I can surely say that i relied on the kindness of strangers on this trip, as there were a few bumps along the way, but so far, ha be well worth it. All i can say if you're doing what i did, you can NEVER call the airlines too many times for clarifying stuff, saved my tushie in Halifax when they tried to say there was a baggage embargo*made it under the wire on the LAST day*and that JFK had a box embargo year round, which they didnt.

Again, thanks so much to all of you on the board who helped so much, GoPro Honduras, DeepBlueDiver, Blow Bubbles, Dandy Don, Mesinja*spelling sry*, and all of you who posted to my questions, the heartworm idea alone would have gone right by me, as my vet said it wouldnt be a problem. Thank goodness for the internet.

Enjoy your Xmas

parrotheaddiver:
Glad to hear you and your felines made it safe and sound...hope you have a very Merry Christmas

A very meowy Christmas. :kitty: :kitty: :kitty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom