Taken the classes but having hard time getting final cert dives :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most shops will not referral to a shop it the same state it is not good for the shops to send you to a shop that thay are competing with
so you can start all over agen or try to get time off to do a trip with ssi or get a referral and go on a trip some place that will take the referral

scubadiver1302001:
most shops will not referral to a shop it the same state it is not good for the shops to send you to a shop that thay are competing with
so you can start all over agen or try to get time off to do a trip with ssi or get a referral and go on a trip some place that will take the referral

This isn't true. Most shops will write a referral without asking where you are taking it. I know a few divers who got referrals from shops around the country without issue.

scubadiver1302001:
Shouldn't drag up this **** until you've read the whole thread. This was like 4 topics ago and beat to death.

-Garrett

Iroc:
:popcorn: wow this thread is really getting alot of great info and opinions in it!!! I have been waiting on a call back from Scuba Sciences. Thats why I have not replied with an update recently. Basically when I called asking for a copy of my records the last time, I ended up talking to Paul and he offered some alternatives so we could still get certified through Scuba Sciences. I was told a weekday trip could be arranged with a private instructor for around 400 per person(beach dives, on our own for food and trasportation). I told him for that kind of money it would probly have to be after x-mas. I also told him I would like more exact numbers so I could decide what was best for us. he told me he would get back to me in the next 2 days with more concrete numbers. That was about a week ago now. I did tell him to take his time "no rush" since we were talking about 2 months away. He replied by saying he just likes to get things taken care of as soon as possible so I would hear from him in the next 2 days. As I said it was about a week ago.

And for the record mikeylee is my dad. I believe he was asking on here so I would post an update since I do talk to him and he does know I have not heard back from Paul like I was hoping :D

As I believe I said before when speaking to Paul I asked him for a copy of our records and he said he could not give me a copy(due to policy). I advised him that I had spoken to scuba schools int ( SSI ) and they told me directly that getting a copy of the records should be no problem at all. He kinda danced around the question on hand and redirected the conversation to "what can we do to get you certified here". Given his responce I believe it will be near impossible to get a copy from them and even if I could legally it is a war im not sure I want to deal with. So who knows this update might spark a phone call since we obviosly fell through the cracks again. But at this point in time I think we might just end up having to "retake" the classes and certify with one of the wonderful people we have met here on the board. And hopefully we will survive insanely horrific conditions at the lake:shakehead lol jk :)

I will let you all know if anything new comes up:eyebrow:

Yes, I know the thread is a little dated.
And, I don't want to kick up any old battles.
After 200 posts, I just wanted to see how (or if) this ended.
Iroc, I am curious: Did you ever get certified?

jcf

I went to SSI and took all the classes past with highest of grades. I did the Lake snorkel, which was a miserable experience because they made it that way. Surface swimming in 7mm wetsuits in a lake is tons of fun and you learn a lot about scuba diving too....NOT! I asked for a referral from them as well and as you can read in this thread it was met with RESISTANCE. I asked for a referal from a PADI certified resort. And was told "I need to check and see if they are on the universal referal program" Then promptly told "hey we are going to California in a week just come with us and we will do it." They could have given me the referral and retained a loyal customer but instead it was quite disapointing especially after all the gear I bought there and classes I took there etc. But make no mistake about it, if you are in their store they DO give you great service and customer support. They are very knowledgeable about gear and do teach a very safe class. I think though that they definately do not like to let you cert anywhere else but with them on their trips and that is not right. As far as the other stores in AZ bashing durring the SSI classes I can confirm that they do poke and prod at that and get a kick out of it. At least they did when I went there for class.

shark.byte.usa:
jcf is throwin' a little Chum in the water :popcorn:

:sharkattack:

No chum. Just curious. Certainly not looking to stir anything up. But, we never learned if he got certified or not. So, I was curious if there was an end to the story.

"all's well that ends well???"

jcf

OH you mean the OP, I had forgotten what this thread was originally about :wink:

See you got ScubaRy(led) up already; now I just have to sit back and wait for the next Divecon class for the 1 posters to chime in along with their fearless leaders (and then 200 more posts????) :11:

Blood in the water my friend...Blood in the water! Some things are better left on Page 2!

Thank goodness I'm off to sOCal for a couple weeks come tomorrow.

Happy Holidays :D

-Garrett

We can always post more threads :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom