Taken the classes but having hard time getting final cert dives :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:popcorn: wow this thread is really getting alot of great info and opinions in it!!! I have been waiting on a call back from Scuba Sciences. Thats why I have not replied with an update recently. Basically when I called asking for a copy of my records the last time, I ended up talking to Paul and he offered some alternatives so we could still get certified through Scuba Sciences. I was told a weekday trip could be arranged with a private instructor for around 400 per person(beach dives, on our own for food and trasportation). I told him for that kind of money it would probly have to be after x-mas. I also told him I would like more exact numbers so I could decide what was best for us. he told me he would get back to me in the next 2 days with more concrete numbers. That was about a week ago now. I did tell him to take his time "no rush" since we were talking about 2 months away. He replied by saying he just likes to get things taken care of as soon as possible so I would hear from him in the next 2 days. As I said it was about a week ago.

And for the record mikeylee is my dad. I believe he was asking on here so I would post an update since I do talk to him and he does know I have not heard back from Paul like I was hoping :D

As I believe I said before when speaking to Paul I asked him for a copy of our records and he said he could not give me a copy(due to policy). I advised him that I had spoken to scuba schools int ( SSI ) and they told me directly that getting a copy of the records should be no problem at all. He kinda danced around the question on hand and redirected the conversation to "what can we do to get you certified here". Given his responce I believe it will be near impossible to get a copy from them and even if I could legally it is a war im not sure I want to deal with. So who knows this update might spark a phone call since we obviosly fell through the cracks again. But at this point in time I think we might just end up having to "retake" the classes and certify with one of the wonderful people we have met here on the board. And hopefully we will survive insanely horrific conditions at the lake:shakehead lol jk :)

I will let you all know if anything new comes up:eyebrow:

shark.byte.usa:
What me offer an opinion, stir the pot a bit...Nah not me :eyebrow:

So...I'm thinking about getting a new BC should I go jacket, back inflate or BP/W? Should I buy it online or at my LDS? What about Leisure Pro? And what's all this DIR stuff about anyway? What's a long hose, can't that kill you? I'm thinking about Solo diving... And if the internet causes my shop to close where oh where will I get an airfill?

hahahaha...:joke:

That is too funny. Is it just me or have we all at one time or another asked almost all of those questions lol

Edit: changed my mind...

sjspeck:
I'm waiting for the wireless adapter :D

sjspeck:
Edit: changed my mind...
Too late I already read it..Glad you deleted it. To insinuate that someone would do that with farm animals...Well it's just disturbing..You should be ashamed very very ashamed and coming from a local guide to boot :no My opinion of you has been severely lowered sir :wink:

-Garrett :rofl3:

I'm waiting for the wireless adapter
It will plug into your wireless router...

You should be ashamed very very ashamed and coming from a local guide to boot
That's the only reason I deleted it, I didn't want to lower the new SS members already low opinion of us here on SB.

Since when are Seals farm animals?..:D

That's the one thing about being a Local Guide, I have to temper remarks as I'm now part of the SB "team" - the grossly underpaid* part I might add - but the jr. Mod powers almost make up for it...:wink:

*actually we're volunteers...

scubajcf:
Also, the PADI representive also mentioned (sorry Rob) that the online program would NOT be available for independent instructors to utilize.

No apology necessary. As you go on to point out, this new program will also create a problem for the LDS. I don't think PADI is going to have quite the response it expects. Yes, the Internet is the wave of the future, but there are still lots of people out there that learn better by reading a book or getting the instruction in a full presentation. That's where we'll keep the market. PADI will have to keeps its tangible media. If they don't, they will see a sharp decrease in numbers.

And if I'm wrong about this, I can always crossover to another agency.

shark.byte.usa:
And if the internet causes my shop to close where oh where will I get an airfill?

hahahaha...:joke:

Try a long snorkel :wink:

EDITED: How underwhelming. Just realized this was my 200th post. I hope my posts never outnumber my dives ....

Just Wanted To Let Everyone Know About The Marty Snyderman Slide Show At My Favorite Lds Store.It Was A Great Show.Lots Of Photos From Around The World.He Is A Really Down To Earth Guy.And Knows His Stuff.Lot And Lots Of Photos Of The Ocean.None Of Any Lakes.I Was Surprised.Diving Is Alot Of Fun.No Matter Where You Go....................Thanks For Your Time.....................................Timmay...........

Back
Top Bottom