Table Rock for beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There should be another wreck at around 130 feet at Jake's Point. You might have noticed a debris trail near the Cruiser, follow it down and rumer has it you'll find another wreck.

I've never managed to have the mix with the right MOD or buddy to go and check into it, but based on the debris trail I think there might indeed be something pretty deep there.

Well, I did notice a trail or at least I thought I did and thus my following it down. I stopped short of 130 feet since my computer (brain plus original Navy Tables) told me I would be in deco. Thanks for the tip, next time I am there, which will be a while, I will plan for 130 feet. I did scan the area with my side scanning sonar but 130 feet is getting beyond it's useful depth limit but I did not see anything there. Let me get this right, your saying that the "wash" that the cruiser sits in, follow it down and there is another wreck?

I think it was Bull Shoals (not Table Rock), the LDS realy talked up a particular wreck when I asked them about places to dive in the Lake. I expended two tanks looking for this wreck only to find a small plastic toy boat sitting on a pile of rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a bit angry with them (before I had sonar on our boat). Be careful of locals, they like to play tricks and send you off on snipe hunts. N

Nemrod:
I get skeered down there in these dark and cold lakes---lol.

hehehe, I know what you mean, but strangely enough I seem to be drawn to those eery places. Beaver lake has some wonderful trees underwater all bent over and angry looking. I got close to some of them on the one dive I have done there but didn't have the opportunity on that dive to explore further. I guess I am weird, they are eery but I like em.

From the foundations at Beaver lake go the opposite direction of the School buss and you will find a submerged wall (I am told it is about 200' deep) and at the various little shelves you can see the huge trees all warped and bent over hanging down the side of the wall. I believe they are about 35'-40' deep at the trunk. I didn't get a chance to find out how many there where but their where at least four or five when I was there. They where tall enough and tier trunks where shallow enough they must have been poking through the surface initially, until their trunks softened and they bent over.

Mike, yes, I did. This is the suit in this pic. I think I may have already posted it but yes, this is the suit I got from you and you were right, it is WARM. It is also true vintage. It is great. Thanks. N

DSCF0086.jpg

Nemrod:
Mike, yes, I did. This is the suit in this pic. I think I may have already posted it but yes, this is the suit I got from you and you were right, it is WARM. It is also true vintage. It is great. Thanks. N

DSCF0086.jpg

Great picture James. It fits you a heck of a lot better than it fit me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom