T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because you're the posterchild of passive understanding?

No, far from it. It's not my forte in the first place and you've already used up my rather limited tolerance. For example, I told you I qualified for this forum under the original terms, but you chose to ignore that and took the opportunity to get another deep air kick in. That's okay, I don't care any more than when you did it in the general forum. But don't bleat about it when I tell you to **** off

How? Another level of Tec forums? When can that be universally considered ridiculous? It wouldn't even be necessary if the overlap wasn't allowed.

This is a real question, I'm not just busting chops.
I gotta run out for a bit, I'll get with you on that when I return.

No, far from it. It's not my forte in the first place and you've already used up my rather limited tolerance. For example, I told you I qualified for this forum under the original terms, but you chose to ignore that and took the opportunity to get another deep air kick in. That's okay, I don't care any more than when you did it in the general forum. But don't bleat about it when I tell you to **** off

I really don't give a **** about your tolerance. I really don't give a **** about your qualifications, aside from the enjoyment I get from poking fun at the lack thereof. I really don't give a **** when you tell me to **** off.

...and I really don't give a **** that you agree(or not) that the T2T forum has degraded to nothing more than another, redundant Tech forum... which is what this thread is about.

I seem to recall suggesting that the open tech forums get deleted, but they persist.

I'm not adverse to sharing projects but honestly I have better things to be doing. Diving, editing videos, finding more data on dive sites, and finding new wrecks, in that order. SB would be a distant 28th or so on the list.

I seem to recall suggesting that the open tech forums get deleted, but they persist.

That's not likely to happen. The tech curiosity draws a lot of people and I don't see it getting closed to viewing any time soon. Getting permission to do this as a private access forum is about the best compromise we're gonna get outta that.

Not everyone here sees the value in this forum and that's fine. No one is being forced to stay and they can opt out at will. Personally, I feel there is a value to it, or I wouldn't have put so much effort into setting it up.

For those of ya'll around for the early days of TDS, it was nothing more than 10 or 12 guys sitting around calling each other names. Eventually it grew and 3 or 4 years later it was a damned fine resource. But everyone was allowed in, and pretty soon all the looky loos started posting and things went downhill.

After Chris took over, it was an investment, ads got placed and things got pretty restrictive, which was when a lot of people bailed.

The benefit we have here is that we're allowed to keep this section of the board private. Even with slightly less stringent requirements, it keeps a whole lot of the other nonsense out of it. And as it does find it's way in, then we can deal with it and move on.

Meh, it doesn't really matter if you don't believe me.

The forum would have been a convenient tool for one of the projects for sure... texts, FB, PMs will work too though - just requires a bit more clicking.

I don't think I would have posted any of my good stuff on a forum where I don't really know who is reading it. Email and text messages now work fine for that sort of thing. I hate to say it though, because now that I am arm-chairing it for a while, I would love to hear about what you are doing!

I was confident in the original userbase, definately not so with the newly loosened qualifications. Shoot me a PM if you want to know what I have going on, its not really a secret, but I don't want or need a bunch of non-advanced traffic getting easy information about places they frankly shouldn't be.

Perhaps some more (brutal) moderation. I can't count how many times Heather would lock down a thread after the first post with a terse "this is not a basic scuba forum. Please look elsewhere for an answer to this question".

Wouldn't answer all the concerns, but sure would help for the noise level.

All the best, James

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom