T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah.

I was apparently very wrong in my original understanding of this forums intended purpose. I'm now sure that I have NO idea what this forum's purpose is.

Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn
... but I don't want or need a bunch of non-advanced traffic getting easy information about places they frankly shouldn't be

If that's the problem, then just have a single forum where cave diving Gods like you can discuss these things apart from the riffraff.

LOL

Aside from the overdramatic bull****, thats kinda what I thought the T2T was supposed to be - albeit not just for cave divers... Not Tec Diver Forum 2, the other place where you find the same posts, from the same people.

Yeah.

I was apparently very wrong in my original understanding of this forums intended purpose. I'm now sure that I have NO idea what this forum's purpose is.

The purpose was and still is, to allow for more advanced conversations without having feedback from every OW diver on the board who took a nitrox class. Who do you want to discuss oxtox symptoms with, someone who's seen it first hand, or someone who read about it in a book once?

For the most part, it's meeting that criteria. There have been a couple of threads that really didn't belong here and I moved them out. There are a couple that may be a bit borderline that I let stay.

There have been several REALLY good threads that probably wouldn't have gotten the same attention in the main forums. One of the reasons for that is that the vast majority of posters back here are either highly qualified, or genuinely interested in being so and they want the no bullsh!t answers that they don't have to sort out who's who from.

For all the concern about who is allowed back here now, I *think* there have been a grand total of 5 new members who wouldn't have fallen under the original requirements. Every other recent request has met at least one of the original criteria and most met several.

If you wanna post, then post. If you don't, then don't. It's a resource for those who wish to use it, but no one is holding a gun to your head to do so. :idk:

I have very few secrets, ask away... :)

Hmmmm....so many questions, so little empathy for us poor depraved techies who spent too much time breathing Nitrox in OW until one of our techie friends said,

"Why don't you do a Cavern/Intro Class this weekend, you are ready for it":D

(We were shore diving at night right before a hurricane blew into town. I think we were already getting hurricane force gusts. We were being pounded in 3fsw by 6fsw surge.:wink: We literally crawled out of the water and onto the shore. I am glad it was night.):D

Hmmmm....so many questions, so little empathy for us poor depraved techies who spent too much time breathing Nitrox in OW until one of our techie friends said,

"Why don't you do a Cavern/Intro Class this weekend, you are ready for it":D

Have I ever given you attitude about being new?

So here is a typical question one might pose after having just gone through AN/Deco and bought a new predator which of course I could not use during class for establishing my deco obligations but instead ran our profile on various computer models, then wrote them on wetnotes which were put in my drysuit pocket. I have been diving a DR Duo affixed to my wrist slate and I quite enjoyed the comfort and convenience of having my computer and slate on my left wrist.
Now I have the problem that I cannot mount the predator on a wrist slate because of it's size and I cannot wear both the slate with the Duo attached and the predator on one arm because they will not fit. I don't have enough room from the elbow down. Believe me I tried. I wear my light on my right hand (horror I know for some) but I love it this way. It is butt mounted to a sidemount rig, btw. So, I want my slate and my computer on my left arm where they have been being. I can use the wetnotes in my pocket for backup, alternate profiles. I would like my primary profile on my arm along with my computer for comparisons. Perhaps I am just too attached to that profile right now and after getting some experience would just be able to occasionally retrieve wetnotes from my pocket. Also bear in mind that during class we were doing a lot of multi tasking during our ascent while referring to the notes we were also doing OOA, single file restriction, touch contact, etc.

So how do seasoned deco divers carry their notes and their primary and back up computer(with one of these in gauge mode)
Ok now that is the kind of question that is irritating me right now. Speak your mind everyone. You have already been doing it. :wink:
Is that the kind of question that needs to be in here or on TDS?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom