T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you provide me with an example of what you've used T2T for in the past year, something you've posted, that you feel uncomfortable with having the new people see? I haven't seen anything, so I don't know what you're referring to. Show me what you're talking about so I can take it under consideration.

Nah, I wasn't able to utilize it for what I wanted out of the forum yet. Had I posted some of what I have going on, I'd want it deleted at this point.

The changes have garaunteed that I wouldn't open up anything on this forum now.

Alot of what I'd want to use the forum for... I wouldn't do with all these new people here.

If I'm the minority, fine, but I in two weeks... half the new threads suck bad. So in a year, when the fairly open qualifications allow even more questionable posters into the T2T, and we have even more sucky threads... Are all those threads and all those people gonna be kicked out? I doubt it... it'll already be a lost cause by then.

Are you this grumpy in person too ?

Am I grumpy now? How can you tell? :p

I think the word you're looking for is petulant

However - I agree with Matt!

Can we please go back to the trimix/CCR/hard overhead qualifications that made this great forum what it was in the first place?

I for one feel the recent influx of patently underqualified posters is preventing me from sharing some of the things that I have going on, and quite frankly if I had already posted them, which I haven't and won't, then I would ask for them to be removed

The recent changes have gauranteed that my non-contribution to this forum will continue. You have been warned

Thanks

Meh, it doesn't really matter if you don't believe me.

The forum would have been a convenient tool for one of the projects for sure... texts, FB, PMs will work too though - just requires a bit more clicking.

Nah, I wasn't able to utilize it for what I wanted out of the forum yet. Had I posted some of what I have going on, I'd want it deleted at this point.
Ok, so it's been a year and you haven't been able to utilize it. Had there been any such posts and ensuing discussions then the idea of opening the forum up probably wouldn't have been broached.

The changes have garaunteed that I wouldn't open up anything on this forum now.

FWIW, I think I have a pretty good idea of where you're going with this and when you get to that point, it's probably workable. Let me know and we can go from there when that time comes.

Actually, I do kind of agree with you and understand your point about the forum Matt

It's just that a) you're such an elitist prick about it and b) you had your chance and didn't take it

So really, **** you

And FWIW, I honestly don't mean that in an aggressive or confrontational way, but... you are just a difficult person to develop any empathy with, from a remote POV at least

You may well have something bubbling away back there that could be quite interesting, but the ROI doesn't look compelling at the moment

FWIW, I think I have a pretty good idea of where you're going with this and when you get to that point, it's probably workable. Let me know and we can go from there when that time comes.

How? Another level of Tec forums? When can that be universally considered ridiculous? It wouldn't even be necessary if the overlap wasn't allowed.

This is a real question, I'm not just busting chops.

...And FWIW, I honestly don't mean that in an aggressive or confrontational way, but... you are just a difficult person to develop any empathy with, from a remote POV at least...

Because you're the posterchild of passive understanding??? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom