T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, looks like most are in favor of loosening the restrictions slightly. I'll let it run another day and if there's no huge dissension, I'll make the change. I'll also split off the intros into a separate thread to make them easy to keep track of.

While traffic may have increased, the traffic IMO has really brought the T2T forums in line with the ordinary Tec forums(or even the General Diving forums in some cases)...

T2T was a good idea, but I think its original application has pretty much evaporated in the name of more traffic...

So now we have redundant forums. :/

While traffic may have increased, the traffic IMO has really brought the T2T forums in line with the ordinary Tec forums(or even the General Diving forums in some cases)...

T2T was a good idea, but I think its original application has pretty much evaporated in the name of more traffic...

So now we have redundant forums. :/

Traffic has increased.

I can "see" more of that than ya'll can and it looks like a good thing. There have been posts and back here by people whom I haven't seen in the regular forums in ages. I've also "seen" quite a few people reading threads that I don't on the regular board. As more of those people check things out, then maybe more quality threads will get started.

This thread produced more activity in two weeks than the rest of the forum in two months. Let's face it, some of aren't really happy unless we've got something to argue about. :)

We tried it for a year as it was, with mostly the "elite" if you will, and nobody had much to say. Now that it's opened up a bit, there's been more activity.

So, that's resulted in a couple of threads that are maybe a little mundane for back here. But maybe it's because those people want direct answers without having to sort out experience levels. We've also had a couple of pretty damn interesting threads as well. Not every single one is gonna be a gold mine of wisdom.

Before we condemn it as a failure how about we give it a bit more than a two week trial? As I said in the other thread, be the change you want to see. Start a thread, ask a question, post a trip report, post some pics of your gear setup or a dive, or hell, even start an argument. You're the type of member that can help shape and direct things, but you gotta put something into it.

Or if you really wanna stir some stuff up, you can invite Ainsle. :D

Alot of what I'd want to use the forum for... I wouldn't do with all these new people here.

If I'm the minority, fine, but I in two weeks... half the new threads suck bad. So in a year, when the fairly open qualifications allow even more questionable posters into the T2T, and we have even more sucky threads... Are all those threads and all those people gonna be kicked out? I doubt it... it'll already be a lost cause by then.

Alternatively perhaps you can create a new forum just for nadwidny and SuPrBuGmAn to complain about how nobody else is worthy of having their threads read by them

For what its worth, your threads aren't the ones I'm talking about in T2T. Although I question your qualifications... I kinda even like your underserved hit thread - IMO all hits are deserved(FWIW). Now STFU and scurry away.

There are plenty of quality divers in here before, now the waters are just muddied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom