T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alot of what I'd want to use the forum for... I wouldn't do with all these new people here.

If I'm the minority, fine, but I in two weeks... half the new threads suck bad. So in a year, when the fairly open qualifications allow even more questionable posters into the T2T, and we have even more sucky threads... Are all those threads and all those people gonna be kicked out? I doubt it... it'll already be a lost cause by then.

In the past year, what have you used the forum for? I can't recall any significant use of it by anyone. I don't want that to sound like a slam, I'm just trying to get clarification. I've seen hints and comments a couple of times about profiles or dives people would be willing to post, but haven't really seen anyone do so. I'm willing and able to work with what ya'll want it to be, but you can't just say I don't want A because I want to do B instead, and then don't do anything.

Will threads or posters get moved out? Quite possibly. I moved some threads out of here before it ever got opened up. I removed a few people as well, but I didn't make a big production out of doing either.

And if it *really* starts to become an issue, I can grant or restrict access to individual subforums on a case by case basis. But some of the best discussions I've ever seen have come up when someone asks a stupid question in a sucky thread and it sparked an enlightening sidetrack.

For what its worth, your threads aren't the ones I'm talking about in T2T...

I'm not surprised. It's a well-known fact that my threads are awesome, just like me...

FWIW, I qualify under the 'old' rules of admission

In the past year, what have you used the forum for? I can't recall any significant use of it by anyone. I'm willing and able to work with what ya'll want it to be, but you can't just say I don't want A because I want to do B, and then don't do anything.

Its been used, obviously not much, and not as much as you'd like, but threads do exist.

Why can't I say I don't want A? Isn't this thread exactly for our opinions in opening up the requirements???

Will threads or posters get moved out? Quite possibly. I moved some threads out of here before it ever got opened up. I removed a few people as well, but I didn't make a big production out of doing either.

You missed some.

And if it *really* starts to become an issue, I can grant or restrict access to individual subforums on a case by case basis. But some of the best discussions I've ever seen have come up when someone asks a stupid question in a sucky thread and it sparked an enlightening sidetrack.

I don't see the "Apex Inflator Recall" or "Which SPG should I use" threads exploding into anything short of mind numbingly boring.

Why can't I say I don't want A? Isn't this thread exactly for our opinions in opening up the requirements???

You missed the qualification on that. I'm all for hearing your opinions. But if you want it for a specific use, then use it for that. Don't just say you want to and then don't because that defeats the whole purpose.

It was being used.

Our versions of accetable amounts of usage seems to be the point of confusion.

Maybe we need to bump up qualifications then, cause I don't think deep air bounces should count for a damned thing to be honest.

That's okay. They don't. Much like your opinion

It was being used.

Our versions of accetable amounts of usage seems to be the point of confusion.
No, that's not where my confusion is coming in. I really don't have a set level of discussion I'd like to see here. I would like to see more than what we've had in the past, but there is no target in mind.

This is my confusion:
Alot of what I'd want to use the forum for... I wouldn't do with all these new people here.

Can you provide me with an example of what you've used T2T for in the past year, something you've posted, that you feel uncomfortable with having the new people see? I haven't seen anything, so I don't know what you're referring to. Show me what you're talking about so I can take it under consideration.

I agree. More traffic, but nothing that couldn't just be in the normal "Tech" forum on SB. Congrats, we just turned T2T into another Intro to Tech forum.

While traffic may have increased, the traffic IMO has really brought the T2T forums in line with the ordinary Tec forums(or even the General Diving forums in some cases)...

T2T was a good idea, but I think its original application has pretty much evaporated in the name of more traffic...

So now we have redundant forums. :/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom