Swamper Campout April 23-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow the lake really is up !!
But I hear that the visibility is improving ~~~~ :shakehead:
now that is a real shame.
What's a guy to do?
I guess we can't have everything can we? :idk:

OK----worked out my plans with the family on my father's 87th. birthday.

SO I will be in Austin, Friday night and Sat., leaving for home Sunday morning. Moteling it as I gave up camping years back, and since the accident..... sleeping on the ground just does not sound cool!

PS- please update the list of attendees.

if i stay saturday night, what should i bring outside regular camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes). if i remember correctly there isn't hot water on site either, for showering.

That's one reason I stay in motels when possible....other reason's to.

if i stay saturday night, what should i bring outside regular camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes). if i remember correctly there isn't hot water on site either, for showering.

To clarify, there is hot water in the showers at Windy Point. As Richard said, it is nice tepid water.....

Windy Point Private is offering a unadvertised special to all Swamp Divers attending the event. When you check in, you need to mention that you are part of the Texas Swamp Divers Campout so you can be put on the list to receive this special offer.

Downunderjenn - will you be passing out the Official Texas Swamp Diver card at the campout? This may come in handy to be identified as a participant to receive the special offer.

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Heard from Scubaland today that Sunday April 25 is their "Spring Fling" at windy point. Not sure if this is bad timing on their part or ours: they're paying $15 pp for a day of diving / poker run / food & drink. Sound familiar? So beware of PADI-people wearing baby-blue tees >_<

To clarify, there is hot water in the showers at Windy Point. As Richard said, it is nice tepid water.....

Windy Point Private is offering a unadvertised special to all Swamp Divers attending the event. When you check in, you need to mention that you are part of the Texas Swamp Divers Campout so you can be put on the list to receive this special offer.

Downunderjenn - will you be passing out the Official Texas Swamp Diver card at the campout? This may come in handy to be identified as a participant to receive the special offer.

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend.

Robert
Lake Travis Scuba
Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Robert,

Put me down for a boat dive Friday night with the Swampers attending. This should be a great night dive to complete the first day of set up.

Wow the lake really is up !!
But I hear that the visibility is improving ~~~~ :shakehead:
now that is a real shame.
What's a guy to do?
I guess we can't have everything can we? :idk:

We could always put a blindfold on you, and you'd think you were diving DEEP and DARK :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom