Swamper Campout April 23-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carrielsal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm starting a new thread for planning. Here's what we have so far.

Swamper campout April 23-25. It's going to be a lot of fun. Everyone is invited. It's a great time to get to know other divers in Texas. There is a separate thread to respond to if you are coming. Shawn is trying to get a headcount to plan activities around.

scubashawn123 and I are going out Friday to start setting up. Shawn is planning underwater activities. Let us know if you want to come out Friday during the day to help out.

Robert from Lake Travis Scuba will be running day and night charters. Here's a list of all charters available the weekend of the campout. The two tank charters are $40. The night charters will be one tank at $25. If the charter is full, Robert will offer a $5 per diver discount. If interested, please submit a reservation online at Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba, EXCEPT for Sat afternoon. If you are interested in the Sat afternoon charter, you will need to make your reservation with Tom's Scuba, Tom's Dive & Swim - Central Texas Source for Scuba Vacations, Gear and Lessons.
Fri 8pm - 1 tank night dive
Sat 8am and 1pm - 2 tank dive
Sat 8pm - 1 tank night dive
Sun 8am and 1pm - 2 tank dive

Peppermintpaddi will be organizing topside activities for the younger divers in training. Let her know if you have any suggestions.

What do you guys think about having a swamper dinner Fri and/or Sat night? Barbeque? fajitas? We could all bring some kind of side and pitch in a few dollars for meat. What are your suggestions?

Any other suggestions for activities?

We also need things like fold up chairs, tables, shelters, barbeque equipment, lanterns, etc. What can you bring?

Last edited:
I can bring folding chairs (6), a card table, and a small propane camping grill.

If I can make it (I will know a week or so ahead of time) I can bring one folding 8' table.

I have a couple of 5X8 (?) tarps I could bring, if that will help.

Peppermintpaddi- I may be bringing my four kids (8-14) along. If I do, the youngest is 8 and she said she'd like to play "tag", "Uno" card game (we could bring cards), and roast hotdogs. My 10 year old said he'd like to bring a baseball and football to play catch and soccer ball. We may have his Jr. OW done by then, if so he'll dive some, if not he'll probably snorkel around.

Last edited:
Lake Travis is currently sitting at 679' (just two feet short of full) and the temps have started to rise this past week creating a thermocline at 40'. Current lake conditions can be found at Current LTTS Weather Readings.

Looking forward to a fun weekend diving with the Swampers.

To warm for me!

Back
Top Bottom