Swamper Campout April 23-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this a closed event to TSD's or is it open to divers new to TSD? Live in C.C. and have been reading up on this and sounds like a lot of fun.

Here are some pics to compare with what Carrielsal posted. The pictures were taken April 2009 during DOG Days. What a huge difference a few drops or rain will do.

Attachments

• 100_5229.jpg
    100_5229.jpg
    382.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_5231.jpg
    100_5231.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_5237.jpg
    100_5237.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 42
Is this a closed event to TSD's or is it open to divers new to TSD? Live in C.C. and have been reading up on this and sounds like a lot of fun.

No closed event. I never heard of a swamper closed event. All are invited and welcome to join us in the sport of scuba diving and in this case camping if you like also.

Please join us and all of these wonderful people who are showing up to just have a good time and do some diving together.

I will be running the underwater poker run Saturday, so sign up around 9 AM to 11 AM to get your instructions. It only takes about 30 minutes to get your cards underwater so that means you can dive the charter dive boat in the morning or afternoon, just do the poker run dive outside those hours.

Hope to see you at the very casual and fun dive camp event to kick off the summer of 2010.

:D

It's on the calender. Not sure I'll know if I can come in time to get a spot on a boat, is it safe to assume I can find some buddies for shore diving? And I'll be happy to pitch in for/bring some food or beverages if I can make it.

There will be plenty of swamp divers willing to be your dive buddy, which automatically qualifies you as a Texas Swamp Diver. There is always someone on the boat willing to be a instabuddy as well as the DM who can dive with you.

This is looking to be a great start to a fantastic dive season with fellow Swampers.

It's on the calender. Not sure I'll know if I can come in time to get a spot on a boat, is it safe to assume I can find some buddies for shore diving? And I'll be happy to pitch in for/bring some food or beverages if I can make it.

Make sure you book your charter online at Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba.

I'm bringing official Swamp Diver cards for all who attend! Yippee. They'll be available on Lake Travis Scuba's Giant Stride also for all Texas Swamp Divers.

There's usually plenty of dive buddies around, may have to beat them of w/ a regulator hose. I'll be there & not diving the boat.

Wish we could be there to see everyone! Maybe next year we'll be close enough to head to Austin for the campout. Hope everyone has a great time!

Back
Top Bottom