Swamper Campout April 23-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm posting some pics taken today for the guys out of town. No more hauling your gear down the stairs. You can giant stride right off the edge of the rocks.

Attachments

• GEDC0665.jpg
    GEDC0665.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 65
  • GEDC0667.jpg
    GEDC0667.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 55
  • GEDC0668.jpg
    GEDC0668.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 60
  • GEDC0669.jpg
    GEDC0669.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 67
  • GEDC0670.jpg
    GEDC0670.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 66
  • GEDC0671.jpg
    GEDC0671.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 57
  • GEDC0672.jpg
    GEDC0672.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 59
What do you swampers think about the underwater poker run performed in teams starting at 11 AM SAturday morning.

This allows dive teams from 11 AM to 4 PM plenty of time to plan their dive and get their poker cards. A 5 hour window for about a 30 minute small course to navigate underwater.

I will sign up teams around 9 AM Saturday morning and set the course with my volunteer DM's and let everyone dive for the poker cards between 11 AM and 4 PM. Then we can meet up at 4:30 PM Saturday for the poker game at the campfire or even later.

I am still trying to get a prize or two out of a local dive shop. No promises.

Any other idea's for this event, let me know your thoughts.

Who is bringing the volleyball net and ball? for surface interval rest and relaxation.

I kept those blue mesh bags from TrashFest thinking they might again come in handy. If they are needed (I think I have 8 - 10) mailing them to someone is no issue.

A cookout would be a good idea. I'd be happy to contribute money towards food.

Shawn-

I'll be getting to Austin just in time to get on the Giant Stride for afternoon diving so won't be able to do the poker run.

What do you swampers think about the underwater poker run performed in teams starting at 11 AM SAturday morning.

This allows dive teams from 11 AM to 4 PM plenty of time to plan their dive and get their poker cards. A 5 hour window for about a 30 minute small course to navigate underwater.

I will sign up teams around 9 AM Saturday morning and set the course with my volunteer DM's and let everyone dive for the poker cards between 11 AM and 4 PM. Then we can meet up at 4:30 PM Saturday for the poker game at the campfire or even later.

I am still trying to get a prize or two out of a local dive shop. No promises.

Any other idea's for this event, let me know your thoughts.

Who is bringing the volleyball net and ball? for surface interval rest and relaxation.

I kept those blue mesh bags from TrashFest thinking they might again come in handy. If they are needed (I think I have 8 - 10) mailing them to someone is no issue.

This is great.

We need 5 mesh bags for sure to go with the 5 decks of cards I have and We still could use 5 underwater slates for the navigation bearings for dead reckoning readings to go from one bag to another to pick out your card for that stop.

I will register participants at 9 AM Saturday morning.

Please bring 5 mesh bags for the underwater poker run.

:coffee:

I can bring a few chairs, a table or two, an EZ up shelter, and a three burner gas grill with gas.

Yes, yes and yes for all the above it will be used for sure during the window, thanks for offering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom