Which is a better computer?

• Suunto Vyper

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Uwatec Aladin Sport Plus

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Hi,
I am considering the UWATEC ALADIN SPORT PLUS or the SUUNTO VYPER as my first computer.

Any suggestions whic is the easiest, or best performing unit for the money? I currently dive only air, but will be going to Nitrox within the next year.

Get something nitrox compatible...

...I have a Vyper and I like it ok...

Man thats a tough one.I own a smartcom and have just ordered a vytec.My wife is so happy as she gets my smart com.I just prefer to have a wrist mount.I think both computers are excellent.What you could do is goto each website and download the demos.I think uwatec only has a demo for the smart series though.Suunto has a demo for the the vyper.Check them out and see which one tickles your fancy.

This might help

http://www.diveoz.com.au/pdfs/Compare_computers.pdf

If you want to go Nitrox then look at either a Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra or Smart Pro.

there is no point getting a SPORT PLUS as you will have to purchase a new computer in 12 months when you go Nitrox

I have just upgraded to the Uwatec AirZ Nitrox and I am in love with this computer, without a doubt the best I have ever used.

http://www.uwatec.com

I thought the UWATEC ALADIN SPORT PLUS was Nitrox compatible? If not, that the Pro Ultra or Smart Pro is probably going to cost more than the Suunto Vyper will.

?

I've had Suunto and Aladin computers. I prefer the Suunto. Vyper does one degree increments for EANitrox and unless something has changed, well, previously Aladin was in 2 degree increments. Not so important but nice is that Suunto also shows air temperature during the dives.
However I am not completely up-to-date on the latest Aladin news.

...the Sport Plus does nitrox...better either get a Pro Ultra or the Vyper.

This may sound ignaorant, but just WHAT ARE the advantages of diving Nitrox vs Air?

Are the advantages REALLY worth having to have all my regs, tank, etc. O2 cleaned?

Do I need a tank set-up and set aside specifically for Nitrox vs Air? What if I want to get just a plain Air fill inbetween Nitrox dives? Does it all have to get 02 'cleaned' again?

When we say 'O2 cleaned' do we just mean O2 grease and O-rings or is there an actual 'cleaning?'

????

This may sound ignaorant, but just WHAT ARE the advantages of diving Nitrox vs Air?
It tastes better...

Less Nitrogen partial pressure for a given depth so extended NDL's for a given depth.
For me it seems there is a big win on repetitive dives in the 50-80ft range, possibly deeper.
Don't have a lot of experience diving with it, but I've spent a fair amount of time looking at the tables.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom