Suunto HelO2 vs Hollis TX1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AI and tech computer? Just sounds wrong.

Recreational divers using Nitrox used to "sound wrong", too... :)

I have started keeping my Atom AI transmitter on my right post 1st stage. Physical SPG on my left post 1st stage. The Atom itself is my backup computer and primary SPG on tech dives.

I'm sure there will be gasps of horror echoing all over SB right after I post this. It will no doubt be the death of me. But, I'm going to die anyway (eventually)...

In the meantime, I have found the gas consumption data I've been getting from my tech dives to be very educational. It's not the same as my consumption during ordinary rec dives. And, having it so detailed that I can see the difference between what I'm using when I'm swimming or whatever to get to a wreck, versus pulling myself along on the wreck itself (just as one example) tells me a lot more than just calculating an average RMV over the course of a whole dive, as I would have to with only start and end pressures.

Recreational divers using Nitrox used to "sound wrong", too... :)

I have started keeping my Atom AI transmitter on my right post 1st stage. Physical SPG on my left post 1st stage. The Atom itself is my backup computer and primary SPG on tech dives.

I'm sure there will be gasps of horror echoing all over SB right after I post this. It will no doubt be the death of me. But, I'm going to die anyway (eventually)...

In the meantime, I have found the gas consumption data I've been getting from my tech dives to be very educational. It's not the same as my consumption during ordinary rec dives. And, having it so detailed that I can see the difference between what I'm using when I'm swimming or whatever to get to a wreck, versus pulling myself along on the wreck itself (just as one example) tells me a lot more than just calculating an average RMV over the course of a whole dive, as I would have to with only start and end pressures.

I'm an old guy, as a kid, advanced electronics was a transistor radio. I've been keeping up ever since. There's no good reason that AI should not pass from recreational to tech diving. There are several advocates including @NetDoc. I can't wait for the AI H3, the AI Ratio computer, even the AI Shearwater. Someday, I will have to replace my Oceanic VT3!

The TX-1 runs Buhlmann and is less expensive, but it has a few other issues that would keep it off my list for now

Hello
i just bought TX-1 , what issues that would keep it out of your list, should i buy another one ..! is it not safe to use it ..!?

Regards

The TX1 will lock you out under certain conditions. I don't feel like that is acceptable for a tech diving computer, so I would not consider one for that reason.

i just bought one, what is those condition to avoid it if possible..

Regards

TX-1 will not let @scubadada reduce the conservatism to match DSAT all the way, it can only reduce it to within a couple of percent of DSAT. That is why it's off his list: it's 1% "too conservative" for him.

i just bought one, what is those condition to avoid it if possible..

Regards

I think the manual says it will go into Violation Gauge Mode if you exceed GF 90 for more than 5 minutes.

TX-1 will not let @scubadada reduce the conservatism to match DSAT all the way, it can only reduce it to within a couple of percent of DSAT. That is why it's off his list: it's 1% "too conservative" for him.
Stick with something you might know about, like your Cressi computer. Don't pretend to answer for others

I think the manual says it will go into Violation Gauge Mode if you exceed GF 90 for more than 5 minutes.

i am a rec. diver who is just now starting tec. diving. i don't think i will be doing trimix anytime soon - only up to advance nitrox & extended range. so i guess what im asking is whether in advanced nitrox can i reach this locking out situation.
thank you!

Back
Top Bottom