!#$%@!!!! Suunto cable won't connect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clean the contacts with a weak white vinegar solution.

Ensure you're using the same USB port as when you first connected the computer to your PC and ensure you select the correct port from the drop down in the DM menu.

Other than that, throw it away. The Suunto download connector and associated software have always been utter dog's eggs.

I had trouble too, until putting the dive computer into a "transfer" mode or something similar, like JohnN described.

The menus wee a little different for me, check your manual.

As simple as it sounds, I find that my Cobra 3 won't connect unless I've rinsed it thoroughly in fresh water ... cleaned the contacts with a dry towel ... and let it "go to sleep" for 10-15 minutes. Trying to connect it right away after a dive always results in "failed to connect" messages from my 3rd party software specifically written for Macs (yes...I'm the guy Suunto said using MacDive would void my warranty). My Cobra goes into "data transfer" mode automatically once properly rested and connected to a USB port via the insanely expensive proprietary cable (still using MacDive).

C.

Sure. Go wireless :wink:

is it wireless between the Suunto and your hardware ? :dork2:

---------- Post added November 9th, 2014 at 08:58 AM ----------

I had trouble too, until putting the dive computer into a "transfer" mode or something similar, like JohnN described.

The menus wee a little different for me, check your manual.
transfer mode is automatic on the Vyper Air, once the cable is connected and recognized.
There is no menu to enable it.

It is wireless between the dive computer and the smartphone / tablet.
so, what's the purpose of the cable i can see on the video, with a Suunto plug on one side and a jack on the other side ?
is it a wireless wire ?

Back
Top Bottom