!#$%@!!!! Suunto cable won't connect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have any special mojo they can share. I'm becoming increasingly frustrated trying to get the Suunto cable to connect to my Vyper Air. Contacts look clean, the cable snaps reassuringly into the pocket, but no bueno

Jiggle it a bit rubbing the contacts with each other. I have the same problem and it works everytime. Mine has a DSS boot. I do nt know if that contributes to the problem.

Sent from my Underwood typewriter

Quite possible that the wires in the cable have separated from the contacts themselves, there was quite the thread about this issue in the Suunto formus a while back (during which a Sunnto rep hilariously suggested that the source of a user's connection problems might be a third-party dive logging software, the use of which was supposedly grounds to void the Suunto warranty).

Change software! Try "subsurface" and your good to go! :wink: atleast what i had to do with my suunto to get action on my computer.

Has it worked in the past, or is this a new to you computer / cable? Are you using the D9 serial cable, or the USB one?

Do you have any idea if the PC and the DC are talking to each other? Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Does anyone have any special mojo they can share. ....
Sure. Go wireless :wink:

[video=youtube;-lpu6leLSuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpu6leLSuQ[/video]

Last edited:
Sure. Go wireless :wink:

Another cool trick Alberto! Quick note, at about 2:17, check spelling on the left hand side of the screen (Lenght | Length). Right hand side (dependes | depends).

There may be more...I know you're translating.

Thanks for the advice. I'm using the USB cable and SubSurface. I found that I needed to cycle through the modes (Time-->Dive-->Plan-->Logging-->Time) and the damn thing finally connected.

Yes it has worked before, its enough of a PITA that I'm glad I don't have to do this every day. I really like the computer and AI so this just remains an annoyance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom