Dive Rite LX20+ Charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteveT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up a Dive Rite LX20+ light this week as a cordless primary for my general OW/lake/wreck/cavern diving. I like the light, but the charger looks cheap and doesn't seem to function properly. Dive Rite actually sent me another charger (great service!), so I have now tried 2 chargers, 2 cables, and many USB blocks with the same results...

Sometimes when I plug it in with batteries it will decide to charge all or some of the banks. Sometimes when I plug it in I will see all 4 lights flip between red and green then turn off. Whenever it does say it's charging, I will come back later and all of the lights will be off. When I unplug and plug it back in, sometimes it will start charging again and sometimes it does the color flipping then turns off again. According to the manual, red means charging, green means fully charged, and no lights indicate that it's not connected. When it doesn't seem to be charging, I can put a battery in my DGX600 charger and it charges. I really don't have any confidence in the charged state of these batteries with this situation, has anyone else seen this?

For anyone finding this later, I actually found there is something going on with the outlet I was using. This charger does seem extra sensitive as other power supplies work ok in this outlet, but I can get them to reset with enough fiddling too. I wouldn’t say this charger is top notch, but it works as expected in other outlets. Can’t wait to get the new light wet!

@ScubaSteveT - glad you solved the problem, but that does not change the charger quality. It is still crap. Buy a proper charger, like this one:

Also, check the batteries that you received with the light. The XTAR batteries that DiveRite includes with the light are not the best ones in terms of quality and fit. Orbtronic batteries with Japanese cores are a fraction of a millimeter shorter than XTAR and fit LX20+ better. I use these:

Btw, I am not affiliated with Orbtronic. I purchased multiple items from them and received good service and dealt with no-hassle returns/refunds; hence, the recommendation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom