Surprisingly good dives VERY inshore morehead city

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yardpro

Contributor
Reaction score
Morehead City, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
0 - 24
So my 12 year old son was finishing his OW this weekend.
Sunday the weather went to crap. They cancelled the Indra dive and ran a group out to the novelty. This is a spot only a mile or three off the beach in 50' water. It has the old swing open center span for the draw bridge. and some road sections from the bridge as well as a trawler.

I have been for flounder before but the viz was always terrible.
My son was dying to finish and get his card, so I said Ok and we went.

The vis was about 20'.... INCREDIBLE for there... the viz at the Indra which was way further offshore than this one was only 5'. I was expecting crap vis, but it was REALLY nice...

It was good enough that my boy wants to go back.

That's one thing about NC diving....you never know what conditions will be like until you get down there.

Good on ya Daddy-O. Keep him wet!

I hear ya on the flip flopping weather/sea state. I was expecting overcast, rainy rough water Saturday and it was gorgeous lake Atlantic south of Hatteras. Sunday it turned nasty and we were happy to get one day in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom