Suggestion needed for DirZone wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gwiazda79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys,

Anyone could suggest a weight system with quick release for Dirzone Ring 14 wing for like 2x 4/6kg
Is there any universal ones that could work with it? Website of Dirzone doesn’t seem to have it. And no info on Google either unless I searched something wrong.

Thank you!!!

It's just a wing and the weight pouches will be on the harness anyway, so use whatever you like. I see there are several on the Dirzone site under Weights and Weightbelts. That seems like a lot of weight to be carrying on your waist, though, so maybe consider some trim weights on the tank bands in order to spread it out. Also consider whether that wing even has enough lift to keep your rig on the surface without you in it. You're talking about hanging 12 kg of lead onto a wing with only 14 kg of lift.

It’s for my gf, she is normally using about 8kg of led, with neoprene drysuit, and warm undergarment.
I was thinking of getting her something like Santi weight pockets, but not sure if it will work. Instead of attaching it to harness.

If you want her to carry weight separate from the BP/W, have a look at the DUI weight harness. The weight can be dumped if necessary.

There are weight pockets for Dirzone/DTD

Why not get those.
In the end, you can get any BP/W pocket system. I'd go with the cheapest.

But since she's diving a drysuit, she can try and get over it and use a balanced configuration since she already has a redundant buoyancy

There are weight pockets for Dirzone/DTD

Why not get those.
In the end, you can get any BP/W pocket system. I'd go with the cheapest.

But since she's diving a drysuit, she can try and get over it and use a balanced configuration since she already has a redundant buoyancy
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you very much!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom