Subsurface 5.0 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bluetooth.....

PedrixAI - Paired with Win10PC, device found on bluetooth download tab, try to download, and get this:

upload_2021-8-16_14-30-58.png

Bluetooth.....

PedrixAI - Paired with Win10PC, device found on bluetooth download tab, try to download, and get this:

View attachment 676880

@dirkhh - that's not a very helpful error message :wink:

The SOP is to un-pair them and try again, but presumably you did that a few times already?

Well, a bunch more tries of unpair/pair, and my PedrixAI is now talking with Subsurface!

I agree that the error message isn't great.
Subsurface is an open source project - so anyone interested in helping us make this better is always welcome to do so :)
Also, the Shearwater situation is a bit frustrating.
BUT: Shearwater is giving us great support in parsing their data, has been very responsive when we found actual bugs and is one of my favorite dive computer vendors to work with. And neither they nor we understand WHY this works so frustratingly with Subsurface. I'm sure that if we did, they'd be willing to work with us to fix this. So while I am frustrated by the user experience, I'm a huge Shearwater fan; actually, the Teric is the dive computer that I "dive", i.e. of the 3 to <undisclosed ridiculous number> dive computers that I take with me on every dive, the Teric is the one that I look at while diving, with occasional glances at others in case I'm testing anything...

So, yes. Use your Shearwater dive computer with only one device, and after that rite of multiple cycles of forget/pair/try it should work quite reliably (if slowly) when downloading your dives in the future.

C:\Users\Luis\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

Why did it go from the first screen shot to the screen shot on the bottom?

All I did is use the “Save As” and I saved it using a different name. I have been doing that for a while and I never used to have any issues.

The message on the red banner reads “Failed to parse …”

screen shots 2021-09-07  _Page_1.jpg

screen shots 2021-09-07  _Page_2.jpg

C:\Users\Luis\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.jpg

Would you mind sharing the log with me? dirk at hohndel dot org

Not at all. I really appreciate you taking a look at it. I will send you both the good one and the corrupt one.

I also have another question of something that has changed:

Tank pressure data is showing as numerically half of what I downloaded from “ShearwaterDesktop.db”

I have been importing log files from my Shearwater Desktop for a while and it was working great. I use the Shearwater Desktop software to save the dive data from my Perdix AI to a “ShearwaterDesktop.db” file.

The last few dives the tank pressure data was divided in half. All the other data seems OK, only the tank pressure data is exactly half of the actual data and the data shown in the Shearwater Desktop software.

Thanks very much in advance for your help. This is a great program and I love the interface and the map feature. I hope to continue to use it with all it features.

Thanks again

I just sent you two emails with a good file and a corrupted files. The files are 10Mb in size.
Please let me know when you receive them or if you have any issues and don't get them.
I can place them in a DropBox and send you a link where you can download them.

Thanks again.

While we support importing from the Shearwater db file, it's usually easier to just directly download things from the Perdix.
It's possible that something in their .db format has changed and that we are mis-parsing things.
Same request... do you have a .db file that shows the problem when imported into Subsurface? Ideally with only a couple of dives in it (size) and with a screenshot of what the readings should be?

Does anybody know if there's a valid reason why the calculated SAC rate increases over the course of a dive? As in, I import my dive profile from a computer without AI, enter the start and end pressures, and the SAC shown in the profile pane increases with time. I would assume it should remain constant if no actual data about the consumption is available.

I'm attaching an example (v5.0.2):
Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 19.09.05.png Screenshot 2021-09-08 at 19.09.19.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom