Info Subsurface 5.0.9 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@dirkhh I've always been a huge fan of SubSurface. Is there ever any chance that we'll get the dive planner incorporated into the apps? I apologize if that's been asked before.

Don't take that as unappreciative for your work. I'm super grateful for what you provide for the community. I just think that the planner in SubSurface is the about the most intuitive app that I've come across... the only thing that could make it better is if it was portable!!

Subsurface (no CamelCase) has a very small developer team. And we currently have no developers with a strong QML / mobile UI background. So changes to the UI of the mobile app will likely be very minimal. Adding something as complex as the planner UI to the mobile app is definitely not in the cards.

Things can always change. A new developer could show up who wants to do just this (and has the skills and motivation to work with the existing team). But fundamentally this is one of the ways open source works. Regardless of market demand, regardless of all the nicely phrased suggestions, in the end it's what the volunteers who are working on this are willing and able to do.

Subsurface (no CamelCase) has a very small developer team. And we currently have no developers with a strong QML / mobile UI background. So changes to the UI of the mobile app will likely be very minimal. Adding something as complex as the planner UI to the mobile app is definitely not in the cards.

Things can always change. A new developer could show up who wants to do just this (and has the skills and motivation to work with the existing team). But fundamentally this is one of the ways open source works. Regardless of market demand, regardless of all the nicely phrased suggestions, in the end it's what the volunteers who are working on this are willing and able to do.

Completely understood. Thank you for the response.

Speaking of dive planner...

Would it be possible to not have subsurface hard lock/crash when putting in 100% oxygen for a mix rather than 99%?
Even if it can calculate it, the hard lock is a bit annoying.

Speaking of dive planner...

Would it be possible to not have subsurface hard lock/crash when putting in 100% oxygen for a mix rather than 99%?
Even if it can calculate it, the hard lock is a bit annoying.

Thank you for your bug report.

In version 5.0.9, tested on macOS and Fedora Linux 36, creating a plan to 50m for 10 minutes, Subsurface happily calculates things with a 100% oxygen deco tank. I tried several other plans, moving the way points around in the process and Subsurface stayed responsive throughout.

May I politely encourage you to file an actual bug report that contains enough information for us to reproduce the issue, either on github.com/subsurface/subsurface/issues or in our user forum at Subsurface Divelog - Google Groups ?

Thanks

Quick update - the Android version with the latest changes is out.
The iOS version was rejected. Given the changes that the AppStore gods are requiring, I have no ETA when there will be a new iOS version.

With the recently added UI flow that allows deleting your account from the mobile app, Subsurface-mobile 3.4.6 was now accepted for the iOS app store as well.

I can't wait to see how many people mistakenly delete their account and all their data (permanently and not recoverable) thanks to this exciting new feature.

Progress. Progress indeed.

May I request support for the new Garmin Descent G1? I am not able to import the .fit file from my G1 into Subsurface 5.0.9. It is usb attached and I can browse the activity files but they are greyed out. I've tried using the MK1 and Mk2 selections but no joy. Also tried export as original from the Garmin app then unzipping the file into a folder name Garmin\applications but still a no go.

Thank you!

May I request support for the new Garmin Descent G1? I am not able to import the .fit file from my G1 into Subsurface 5.0.9. It is usb attached and I can browse the activity files but they are greyed out. I've tried using the MK1 and Mk2 selections but no joy. Also tried export as original from the Garmin app then unzipping the file into a folder name Garmin\applications but still a no go.

Thank you!
All information I have says that this should work. Can you send me a couple of the .FIT files?

The files are loaded / parsed without a problem for me (admittedly, they are incorrectly identified as coming from a Garmin Descent Mk2 - but that's cosmetics).
My guess is that you are stumbling over the somewhat odd way to pick the location for the files.
In our release version the files still need to sit in a specific directory tree ( <some-path>/Garmin/Activity ) and then in the dialog you pick ( <some-path> ) as the download location. The latest development version simply allows you to have the .fit files in any path you chose and select that path directly.
In no case are you able to directly select .fit files - those are always grayed our as you are picking a directory to download from, not an individual file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom