Info Subsurface 5.0.9 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 5.0.9 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Check out the release announcement for what's new since 5.0.8... quite a few bug fixes and especially support for a number of new dive computers.

The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 5.0.9 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Check out the release announcement for what's new since 5.0.8... quite a few bug fixes and especially support for a number of new dive computers.
Link to the Mac version is broken - 404 Error - as of 21-Jul at 19:30 EDT

Link to the Mac version is broken - 404 Error - as of 21-Jul at 19:30 EDT
Thanks for pointing this out. Everything that isn't scripted eventually gets forgotten. Case in point...
Fixed as of 31(!)-Jul 17:21 PDT... :cool:

Thanks for pointing this out. Everything that isn't scripted eventually gets forgotten. Case in point...
Fixed as of 31(!)-Jul 17:21 PDT... :cool:
No problem and thank you for your responsiveness, however, the MAC download of the file is only 119K. When downloaded, installed and run I get an error "You can't open the application "Subsurface.app" because it may be damaged or incomplete.

On my linux system (Raspberry PI running 64-bit bullseye), SNAP does not yet show the update to 5.0.9 and says I have the current version 5.0.8.

Thanks again, dirkhh. This is as of 01-Aug 5:55 EDT. (Just saw my date typo from yesterday!)

groan.
Uploaded again. And tested the download to make sure.

Thank you, @dirkhh - I feel your pain having been in the software field for most of my career. I appreciate subsurface and the effort the team puts forth.

Any projection on when the iOS version will be released?

On my linux system (Raspberry PI running 64-bit bullseye), SNAP does not yet show the update to 5.0.9 and says I have the current version 5.0.8.

Forgot to respond to that part. The Snap rebuild process is a bit... indirect. It should update in the next 24h (unless something else goes wrong).

Thank you, @dirkhh - I feel your pain having been in the software field for most of my career. I appreciate subsurface and the effort the team puts forth.

Ironically, when it comes to releases / binaries, the "team" is me, myself, and I. All official builds (more than two dozen) are done by me...

Any projection on when the iOS version will be released?

I'll get to the mobile apps today or tomorrow, I hope.

I'll get to the mobile apps today or tomorrow, I hope.
Both Android and iOS apps are now available in their respective beta test channels. Assuming no dramatic bug reports come in, I think I'll release them in a couple of days. That will bring the dive computer support on par with 5.0.9 (within the limitations of the two platforms, of course - so only BLE on iOS, only BLE, BT, and a select few USB serial based dive computers on Android). A few small bug fixes here and there, but no new features.

Both Android and iOS apps are now available in their respective beta test channels. Assuming no dramatic bug reports come in, I think I'll release them in a couple of days. That will bring the dive computer support on par with 5.0.9 (within the limitations of the two platforms, of course - so only BLE on iOS, only BLE, BT, and a select few USB serial based dive computers on Android). A few small bug fixes here and there, but no new features.
@dirkhh I've always been a huge fan of SubSurface. Is there ever any chance that we'll get the dive planner incorporated into the apps? I apologize if that's been asked before.

Don't take that as unappreciative for your work. I'm super grateful for what you provide for the community. I just think that the planner in SubSurface is the about the most intuitive app that I've come across... the only thing that could make it better is if it was portable!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom