Stories behind ICONS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D
DennisS:
I never used one and then I decided to do get in the christmas spirit. I scanned a surfing santa ornament and used that. Christmas was over so I had to replace it. I scanned a fish fossil, it's getting boring so I have to look for something else to scan, maybe a pizza.
Be careful... Pizza Sauce in your scanner can be pretty messy :D

My avatar is my favorite fish to encounter on a dive. I will stop and watch them for a long time.

I'm still searching for the perfect avatar, but it's so hard to find a flame underwater! Until then, I just seem to put what I think is funny. So far, Scrat wins.

When I was a kid, I was watching Chiller one Sunday and they were showing The Creature From the Black Lagoon, with all those great diving shots. I knew then that SKIN DIVING was absolutely the grooviest thing a guy could do. The quote under my posts is from the movie ("It's like another world down there"), and I thought that diving would be like visiting another planet - right here on earth!
I was right.
Anyway, that's the Creature.

Parrothead_Diver:
:D
Be careful... Pizza Sauce in your scanner can be pretty messy :D

I had to fax a pizza once (looong story) - the trick is to put it in a Ziplock first :D

It was given to me on the "story behind username" thread.

theskull

Firebrand:
I'm still searching for the perfect avatar, but it's so hard to find a flame underwater! Until then, I just seem to put what I think is funny. So far, Scrat wins.

Not true.

Just fire up the petrogen torch, or the Broco, lots of ways to make fire underwater.

Do not however cut holes in your own suit or trap H2 and blow yourself up. It can really ruin your whole day. :eyebrow:

My avatar is, of course, the logo for Moog Music, manufacturer of (what else) the legendary Moog Synthesizer.

cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom