Stories behind ICONS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine's delirium from the Sandman series. Puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

it's a picture of my youngest "daughter" dressed up for Halloween one year - picked it because it makes me think of the phrase "party animal"

Thinking of printing it up on an iron-on T-shirt transfer so SB members can recognize me :)

MIT's mascot is a beaver and when I went searching for "beaver scuba" or "beaver underwater" or something like that, I found the image from which my avatar (not icon) is taken. I got permission from the MIT professor to use the image and put the full thing on my personalized ScubaBoard mug.

-Rob

Mine changes regularly, though I usually either use a pic of me that I like or occasionally a cartoon or photoshopped job making reference to a recent event or in-joke (such as the time that my buddies and I made a joke or two about Duct Tape with reference to my chattiness, my avatar became a pair of rolls of duct tape)

Right now it's me. In this pic, I was hovering motionless. It makes me look like I'm flying.

DennisW:
Mine is a Cessna Cardinal RG (Retractable Gear). My wife and I own one. The prettiest airplane Cessna ever built.
Ooh! We have been looking at those. They're the ones without the wing struts, right? They seem to be available and quite a bit more reasonable than more "fashionable" planes like the 182. I like the retractable gear thing. We will eventually end up with one once finances calm the heck down.

Oh. I love to ski and I really love bananas. :banana:

I am a long time computer nerd so when I saw the diver in the monitor...... it said it all.

These look so much like my own lips that I had to make them my avatar...

Who wouldnt want to see this handsome mug every time I post?

And again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom