Stirring the pot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:mostlysunny::snorkel::uwphotographer::scubadive::pirate2::jazzband::hugs::zen::bounce4::arrow:

IMO the Keys is the perfect place to live.

Hardly any crime to speak of.
Diving is in abundance here.
It's warm until you live here awhile and than 75 is really cold to you.
Great place for kids to grow up.
Beautiful Sunsets / Sunrises
Great diving/fishing/spearfishing/boating/all the water sports are here...
And I get to meet lots of SB people here

:mostlysunny::snorkel::uwphotographer::scubadive::pirate2::jazzband::hugs::zen::bounce4::arrow:

IMO the Keys is the [-]perfect[/-] worst place to live.

Hardly any crime to speak of gets taken care of by the police.
Diving is [-]in abundance[/-] dangerous here.
It's warm until you live here awhile and than [-]75 is really cold to you[/-] the heat becomes unbearable. People die by the thousands from heat stroke!
Great place for kids to grow up to be axe murderers.
Beautiful Sunsets / Sunrises are no more with the smog
Great diving/fishing/spearfishing/boating/all the water sports are here but you can't eat the fish they are toxic. Protective clothing may be a good idea - the water is highly acidic.
And I get to meet lots of people full of BS here

Becky - I fixed the above for you :whistling: :rofl3:With what you had miserable people will be coming here in droves.:wink:

Last edited:
Yes, its soooo boring down here, theres nothing to do. I miss London so much, the lack of traffic, the abundant parking, the social interaction, the weather and the food. More than anything, I miss the diving in the English Channel - the green viz and subzero temps, the flattened wrecks with no fish. God knows why I moved here....my advice to anyone thinking of coming here to live - please dont. Its awful. Trish excepted, we'll let you in :)

God knows why I moved here....my advice to anyone thinking of coming here to live - please dont. Its awful. Trish excepted, we'll let you in :)

:shocked2::shocked2: And me too! You have to let me in... :depressed:

Yes, its soooo boring down here, theres nothing to do. I miss London so much, the lack of traffic, the abundant parking, the social interaction, the weather and the food. More than anything, I miss the diving in the English Channel - the green viz and subzero temps, the flattened wrecks with no fish. God knows why I moved here....my advice to anyone thinking of coming here to live - please dont. Its awful. Trish excepted, we'll let you in :)
awwww thanks chris..........:kiss2:

:shocked2::shocked2: And me too! You have to let me in... :depressed:
:rofl3:
yes you too em!! but john and chip hmmmm we have to make them work for that...........oh wait chip is already down there........and john has a 2nd home there............uh never mind:shakehead:

MissD, nice work! :rofl3:

I had a nice convo with someone else involved in rescue dog transport this evening. He is a retired 20+ year Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy. When he retired, he and the wife retired to South Carolina, chasing the dream of all of those really nice people and the four seasons yadda yadda but guess what, two years later they nearly died of boredom and came back. They live near downtown Hollywood and LOVE it. They are getting ready to buy a bigger piece of property in W. Broward so they can get more involved in dog rescue but they love living near all the fun action.

Let's just say that if a retired veteran LEO likes it better here than up there...well that just proves what I've been saying all along.

Come to Long island and travel the L.I. expressway here or even the parkways on a daily basis you will not be complaining about traffic in south florida not to mention the snow.(oh i forgot to mention insanely high property and state income taxes) I personally am counting the days till i can move to sunny florida :shakehead:where there is much more to do simply do to the fact that there is nice weather all year roundwhich makes for a better quality of life (IMHO):D

Not to mention the cold (BRRR) black water that you have to dive in off Long Island. Oh yeh, there is an occasional day when you get 20' viz but they are few and far between. Why do you think they put cables down at Almost Paradise? And half the time you can't see those with a flashlight at high noon below 40 fsw. I been here in SFla for 12 years and I would never go back for more than a week visit with the folks. Give me sunny, warm, nice reefs and wrecks South Fla anytime. If I ever move from here it will be further south to South America.

If I ever move from here it will be further south to South America.
And you'll have a spare room for your Conch buddies, right? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom