Stiching on brand new Zeagle 911

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

B Lo

Contributor
Reaction score
I received a custom Zeagle 911 and just had the chance to start diving this very cool BC! While I am psyched out by the patriotic colors, I noticed that the stitching at one end of the zipper is a bit frayed. I am going to drop the BC off to be embroidered in the near future and am wondering if I should try to stitch over the existing stitching on this part or if I should have Zeagle reinforce it a bit. It doesn't look terrible but I just want to be sure the thing doesn't unravel or fray and lose strength. I am appending a photo hereto to show the spot in question. I may also ask the embroider (who is also a diver) when I talk with him upon dropping off the BC.

Zeagle Stitching.jpg

Take a look at the stitching over the red portion and you'll see the difference.

Thanks for any replies!

That's not something that should have left the factory, apologies for that. We can fix that for if you want to send just the cover back to us. Contact Susan in our Service Department (service@ zeagle.com) and she can instruct you on how to return the cover to us for stitching, I've already shown her this thread and she's expecting your email.

That's not something that should have left the factory, apologies for that. We can fix that for if you want to send just the cover back to us. Contact Susan in our Service Department (service@ zeagle.com) and she can instruct you on how to return the cover to us for stitching, I've already shown her this thread and she's expecting your email.

Jeff,

Thanks for your message. I will get in touch with her shortly. I dropped off my BC to have my name embroidered on it last night but should have it back in my possession at the end of this week. I should be able to get the BC sent to Zeagle early next week.

For what it's worth, I love your products. My wife loves them as well. Things sometimes slip through the cracks but it is a rarity with your brand - even following the Huish transition. Given the otherwise consistent high quality, I'm not terribly upset.

Bryan

This is a brief update. I just got my BC back from Zeagle and had a chance to glance at it. I paid for shipping to them and they paid for return shipping back to me. Zeagle informed me that the BC simply had some loose threads where indicated. Zeagle pulled them out and returned to BC as is. I'll look over the BC more carefully in a bit but assuming it holds up at this spot, I'm satisfied.

I don't disagree but my primary concern was making sure I can dive with the thing. Given the cost of getting the custom swatches on it, I wasn't hugely concerned with postage. Had they asked me to pay for shipping both ways, I would have raised a stink.

Sounds like someone owes you for postage, B Lo.

FL to FL shouldn't have been too much postage I would guess.

Back
Top Bottom