Steel Tanks...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 PST LP 120s and I love them.

Fat tanks are PHAT!!!

Heavy on land (60lbs full) but a dream trim-wise U/W, big & heavy = stable.

Being 6'2" and 235(ish)lbs means that the tanks are a comfortable size.

thanks Bob, I'll give this info to the hydro station that tested the tanks..unfortunately they stamped out the numbers on the tank to be able to put them back into use in the event of a mis-fail. The station may not be aware, although I don't know how, of the pre-stretching procedure.

Sadly, most Hydro test stations do not know about the pre stretching procedure. :shakehead: I don't know where you're located, but Hydrostat down in Pompano/Ft Lauderdale do know how to test PST Exempt series tanks. Deepstops here on the board recommended them to me. I just had them Hydo two 100's and two 118's and all four passed. It was worth the drive. Sorry about your tanks. If I can be of any help, please feel to contact me. :palmtree: Bob

Hydrostat down in Pompano/Ft Lauderdale do know how to test PST Exempt series tanks. Bob

I just had my two PST 130's Hydro'd at Fill Express in Pompano Beach for their first recertification test.
A Pass and a Pass. :D:D
I guess I am curious if Fill Express in Pompano does in fact use the "Hydrostat testing facility" that Bob ( that Snoopy in his Sopwith Camel avatar is SO COOL!) referenced. :wink:
And I am so ignorant, are these tanks still +10%? :confused:
I pretty much go to Fill Express Exclusively, as they are one of my LDS, and very good people to deal with.
Anyone have info? :popcorn:
I guess I could call Mark Derrick on his cell phone, (I do have his mobile number because I am so special :lotsalove: but it's 7 am, and I promised him I would never call him unless it was an emergency. :rofl3:
Chug

These smilie things are so COOL!
(simple pleasures, for simple people)

And I am so ignorant, are these tanks still +10%? :confused:
Anyone have info?

Look at the hydro stamp, if they have a "+" then yes, if not then return to the shop and inform them that they should have done the additional test at Hydro to retain the plus rating, you can regain it at anytime and the hydro facility should do the additional test and add the plus for you.

Last edited:
The Worthington LP85 is not a fat tank, same diameter as AL80 (7.25")
Also very similar buoyancy, size, and weight of the PST HP100's.

Those anyone have any opinions or experience with sx scuba steel tanks?

XS Tanks (Worthington) are some of the best out there. Just pick the appropriate size for you needs and you would be good to go.

Those anyone have any opinions or experience with sx scuba steel tanks?

Worthington makes the steel tanks for XS Scuba I owen a set of HP119 and would recommend them

I just left my hydro tester, Advanced Hydrotest in Homosassa today and he knows about the pre-stretch procedure. Contact him if you want to have your failed cylinders re-tested. His # is 352-422-1234, the owner is Dave. He did an AWESOME job of O2 cleaning my cylinders and getting them back into service. Very knowledgeable and has all the specialized tools to get the job done RIGHT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom