Steel Tanks...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First, I sell Faber to the FL shops (apply salt as needed)

Most equipment sold in the US is great, so the hard part is deciding which of the many options is best for you specific needs (Faber offers 20 cylinder sizes).

Few commnets:
  • After some experiences I would only buy used PST with a recent hydro, and expect them to fail the next hydro (but hope they pass)
  • The PST "pre-stretch" is not required by DOT, it was requested by PST to improve there pass rate. Many consider the pre-stretch a cheat which defeats the safety test. The DOT never commented or stopped it, so maybe it isn't cheating.
  • Worthington started production around 2005, so we'll soon see the first batches going through hydro (and their pass/failure rate).
  • Faber cylinders have been around longer than most and see pretty tuff duty with tech divers
  • Hot Dip Galvanizing (HDG) has numerous environmental impacts so there is a debate (the galvanizing industry says is good for the environment...lol). Cold (spray) galvanizing is considered less harmful. Both types of galvanizing will provide many years of corrosion protection if the tanks receive proper care.

Thanks for posting the info Oceanus.:D

It may have already appeared on this board, but I am seeing your points for the first time.
Good Info!

I own 2 PST 130's and 2 Worthington 130's.
My PST's just went through their first hydro with no issues.
My Worthington's will go through in 2 years.
For Christmas this year I hope to get a Faber 149......I am definitely compensating for something.

Chug

just a little FYI based on something I saw earlier, some of the HP's are the 'fat' 8" diameter tanks as well. I've got a set of PST HP130's that are 8" (I was told they are basically the same as the older LP104's just certified for the higher pressure, but don't take that as gospel, would explain the LP's being fat and HP's skinny except for my case). Mine were manufactured in '03 and just passed vis/hydro in November, are those months in '04 the only ones to be worried about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom