steel 72's....what to do??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparticle, yes, I meant 15, I dropped the one off. This keyboard is little, my fingers are big and I broke my glasses. Still, when it comes to tanks the whole place down there spreads urban legend as if it were fact, exploding tanks, dozens dead and all sorts of hooey and rediculous stories. Not all shops are that way, I have had good success down there. Shops come and go often faster than the latest myth, I wonder why that is.

I worked in a dive shop for a while while I was in college. People bring in all sorts of junk but after a bit I could figure out what was and was not. The thing nowadays is that they never bother to figure out anything, they just repeat mythology, say it enough and it must be true. Oh well. N

I'll agree with that! it turned out one of my old alum 80's was not the problem type, but they (padi 5 star) would not vip or fill them.

I found a small dive shop near the beach that fills them... but the store is rundown, and imho questionable fills. (or an unknown quality)

they do alot of 3day intro to diving.... aka resort cert's.

I still think is a way to sell new tanks....

MrBill_FTL:
I still think is a way to sell new tanks....

Conspiracy? Shops don't make much profit off tanks, why would they bother?

My guess is if it was a real conspiracy they would say something like "your valve is too old" or "we don't fill tanks without boots, they might roll away" or "we don't fill nitrox in any tank without a big fat nitrox decal" :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom