steel 72's....what to do??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
Send me a PM if you want to get rid of them. I can put them to good use.

Thanks....i'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do at this point. But if I decide to sell 'em, i'll let you know. (and, I guess I could let 'em go a little cheaper for you than for Cave Diver:lol: hehe

zach5150:
Sounds great! I paid a grand each, so I'll PM you w/ my paypal address and you can deposit 500 bucks for each one you want....if you want both, I'll pay for shipping, so a cool thousand will cover everything!:D hehe....

Great! Then I'll PM Perrone and sell them to him!

Thanks for all the info and opinions guys....I'm gonna dive 'em and see how it goes...I just keep thinking I want something bigger, but on the other hand, I also had the thought that I could use these to help train my breathing. At first, I was thinking, I should get a bigger tank since my SAC is so bad, but of course, that wont fix the actual problem..so, now I'm thinking maybe having a smaller tank will force me to learn to breath better....

keep 'em comin!

The double 72s, for me, would be a GREAT set of tanks for boat diving, or to loan to someone who I want in doubles to go diving. They are negative enough to not require weight (for me) and big enough to give me adequate gas for 100ft dives. I am dreading jumping off a boat in anything heavier than my AL80s.

PerroneFord:
I am dreading jumping off a boat in anything heavier than my AL80s.
Why's that??
I jump in (ocean) with doubled steel 100's and have only 4#s on a belt, weight of the tanks and 6# BP. With doubled Al80's, I have 8#'s on the belt, 10#'s v-weight, and 6# BP. I guess I have about 4#'s more in the AL setup than the steels, but with anything less I can't hold @ 15fsw. Point is, I'd rather jump in with the steels.

Back on point, I do like the 72's. I use them singled for inlet dives and they provide plenty of gas and weight out great. YMMV

Steel 72's are great tanks. They are perfect for Donna and they make a great set of doubles.

or to loan to someone who I want in doubles to go diving.

Oh, Perrone, it's so NICE of you to get a set of doubles ready for me when I come to visit . . . :)

fwiw, I throwing one out... with a back pack. and boot.

someone want to pick it up, in so fla? free. let me know asap.... trash pickup is sat.

valve is $10. will need a hydro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom