State Police Poaching Lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For dive matters specifically in Eastern Massachusetts contact:

Sgt. William Freeman
SP Logan Airport
East Boston, MA

http://www.mass.gov/msp/unitpage/urt/urt.htm

A picture of the complete team is on this web site. Can you pick them out in a line up?

These guys are criminals, and eventually this kind of thing catches up with them. Criminals are stupid. I mean come on they drove police vehicles to the site of the crime. Should of taken down the plate numbers.

bnaudie- This seems to be a pretty appropriate thread for a diving board. I can attest to some rather questionable behavior on the part of a local Los Angeles County Sheriff's detective. Of course on the other hand, I also know two cops in the same station who I consider very good and straight shooters.

Doc

Cards90:
I do not think there is anything bad about a few cops going bug hunting with or without proper permits. They may deserve the break after dealing with all the red tape they incounter daily. No I am not a cop or a cop lover, tickets stink, and I disagree with alot of the laws that they enforce.

They took a chance just like many others do daily, I say let them be, it's all good in the end. :42: :D

what a crock of BS

Cards90:
I do not think there is anything bad about a few cops going bug hunting with or without proper permits. They may deserve the break after dealing with all the red tape they incounter daily. No I am not a cop or a cop lover, tickets stink, and I disagree with alot of the laws that they enforce.

They took a chance just like many others do daily, I say let them be, it's all good in the end. :42: :D

I guess you're okay with a few cops stealing from the evidence locker, too. They deserve it after all the red tape.

Corruption is corruption is corruption. These guys make all cops look bad and reinforce the negative stereotypes. I don't see how anyone can defend this.

We are not sure of all the details and should hold tight until more details surface. However unlikley, perhaps they were employeed by the Mass Div of Fisheries to gather lobsters for sampling/testing (or some official business like that).

Hey I wasnt there, though I am sure things looked "odd" to say the least (if it was deemed worthy of commenting on here). I think ScubaNorth was right. Contact the Sarg and see whats up. Yes the police overtly tend to "protect there own", but I am sure internally law officers dont appreciate follow officers making the "goodguys" look like the "badguys".

Everybody...stop your whining, b****ing and swapping sob stories about how cops have dissed you. It's off topic and who cares. The original topic, MSP taking lobsters in violation of law, is an important one to address. MaSharkDiver, the only one on this board who witnessed this incident, should contact the appropriate authorities at the MSP. Nobody else on this board was there.

If MaSharkDiver saw poaching by members of the MSP dive team while wearing their issued gear, this is a serious matter and should be investigated by a supervisory member. That would be like shoplifting in full uniform. What Sergeant would let a Trooper get away with that?

LobstaMan

I guess you could say that the Sergeant 'destroyed' the evidence. hah!

LobstaMan

What about using department resources to hunt lobster? I know there's some thing you just don't do with Company/gov't/city resources... Going to bars, shopping other non duty related items... maybe an anonymous (sp?) to the local paper.

LobstaMan:
If MaSharkDiver saw poaching by members of the MSP dive team while wearing their issued gear, this is a serious matter and should be investigated by a supervisory member.

What if the supervisory member wast the lbster poaching ring leader?
That would be like shoplifting in full uniform. What Sergeant would let a Trooper get away with that?

LobstaMan

You seem awful certain that it wasn't the boss doing the shop lifting.

Back
Top Bottom