State Police Poaching Lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday, my buddy and I were doing a surface interval between our dives when three guys, dressed in full dive gear (the Viking suits, matching tanks and communications head gear) came down to enter the water. I asked what dive team they were from and initially they were reluctant to tell me. Then one of the them said they were with the MA State Police Dive Team. We made some small talk telling them about the dogfish we had seen, etc.

These divers entered the water with no flag and no numbers on their tanks. They came out about 20 minutes later with lobsters in all three bags! One of them had at least 24 bugs and the others had maybe 5 or six. We also didn't observe and lobster gauges anywhere.

THere is no way that these guys could get that many legal lobsters in 20 minutes... But hey, who's going to stop them! They didn't even stop on the rocks to take off their gear - right up to the police vehicles in the parking lot to put them in the cooler!

Who is going to stop an unmarked state police van and ask to see their lobsters? Not only did these guys have a police van, they also had two black explorers.

Just another example of our tax dollars at work. Where are the Environmental cops when you want them... not that they would have done anything to their brother officers.

Kinda makes you sick to your stomach when you see this stuff! Wondering if anyone else has witnessed similar incidences?

- A law-abbiding Diver-

Wow, now, it would have been nice if you couldve taken some pics of the incident. That would have been priceless. Without pics though, nothing will be done about it...
Anybody up for a stakeout??? LOL...

MAsharkDiver:
Yesterday, my buddy and I were doing a surface interval between our dives when three guys, dressed in full dive gear (the Viking suits, matching tanks and communications head gear) came down to enter the water. I asked what dive team they were from and initially they were reluctant to tell me. Then one of the them said they were with the MA State Police Dive Team. We made some small talk telling them about the dogfish we had seen, etc.

These divers entered the water with no flag and no numbers on their tanks. They came out about 20 minutes later with lobsters in all three bags! One of them had at least 24 bugs and the others had maybe 5 or six. We also didn't observe and lobster gauges anywhere.

THere is no way that these guys could get that many legal lobsters in 20 minutes... But hey, who's going to stop them! They didn't even stop on the rocks to take off their gear - right up to the police vehicles in the parking lot to put them in the cooler!

Who is going to stop an unmarked state police van and ask to see their lobsters? Not only did these guys have a police van, they also had two black explorers.

Just another example of our tax dollars at work. Where are the Environmental cops when you want them... not that they would have done anything to their brother officers.

Kinda makes you sick to your stomach when you see this stuff! Wondering if anyone else has witnessed similar incidences?

- A law-abbiding Diver-

Classic cop story, they must never wonder why so many people hate cops. Definitely wish you had pictures or license plates to call into the EP and Internal Affairs department.

--Matt

years ago I had some police officers and forest preserve cops try real hard for a long time to stop me from hunting a friends farm legally that was next to the forest preserve.

You would never in a million years beoieve the abuse and threats that I and my friends took. Eventually one day I found out why. The forest preserve cop who was also a local town cop and his buddies from other local and county departments were hunting in the forest preserve and the only place they could be seen from was from the farm that I was hunting.

I had guns pointed at me, my guns conficsated, charges filed against me, was threatened with police dogs...and all to cover up their own crimes. I got my property back of course but it wasn't easy. Many months later when the court ordered my guns given back no one seemed to know where they went off to. It took several more months and threats of further legal action to get any one to remember.

I think for a while they had become part of some cops personal collection.

The owner of the farm even had to resort to calling in the state police to get these guys to stop driving their trucks accross his hey field while comming out to harrass me.

When a cop becomes a crook they can be very very dangerous.

But then the only time I was ever mugged for my money was by a Chicago police officer when I was about 17.

Wow, that sucks! Time to get a camera phone. It's such a drag when you see this kind of stuff blatantly happening right in front of you and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Don't you need a license to get bugs in MA? Is there a season to go with it? Did you see if they had any shortie bugs? What's the deal on having numbers on their tanks?

Good luck, maybe someone will catch them. What goes around, comes around!

Shaka Doug:
Don't you need a license to get bugs in MA? Is there a season to go with it? Did you see if they had any shortie bugs? What's the deal on having numbers on their tanks?

Yup you do need a license, and you need to display your license number on the flag and tank.

There is nothing worse than people who are supposed to enforce the laws breaking them.

Scum Bags.
They have a new vanity plates they put on the front of their cars also or even a sticker. I'm not sure if it's Boston only though it looks like this. Black Blue Black. also the only one who made money durring DNC.

augk:
Scum Bags.
They have a new vanity plates they put on the front of their cars also or even a sticker. I'm not sure if it's Boston only though it looks like this. Black Blue Black. also the only one who made money durring DNC.
that sticker is for if they get pulled over and another cop sees the sticker they just let them go know questions asked cops also put this sticker on there private cars to.

Okay, where's the moderator? Can we move this thread to the "Bash the Cops" forum?

How about if you just file a complaint with the proper authorities? Then again, I guess that wouldn't be as much fun. How about if we fire 'em all and you can recruit all their replacements right here in this forum? Aah.... who needs 'em anyway?....

:wink: unfortunatly It only take a few bad apples

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom