State Police Poaching Lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique:
What portion of my information was incomplete? I have already stated the origin of my perspective - my own experiences with cops. Others have made references to their own experiences as well.

--Matt
Sir, I refer to your original message and the assumptions made about the divers.. it might have been stealing but we can't say for sure until it is investigated (which is should be).

Your follow-up message about you experiences was clear and I am sorry to hear about the negative encounters. (I can think of some fairly rational reasons but in any case things should have been done differently).

:eyebrow: Did Anyone see the pink bunny with the drum go by?

At the risk of ressurrecting this tired old thread something interesting happened yesterday that reminded me of this discussion so I figured I'd share it.

When diving at Ft Wetherill last night my buddy and I were inspected by the Environmental Police for lobsters. We didn't have any lobsters so it was a pretty routine check. After he checked us we got to talking to the Environmental officer for a short time before he continued his patrol. In the conversation he told my buddy and I that we would be amazed at some the people he has caught poaching. He even mentioned that he had busted state troopers.

So moral of the story, sometimes crooked cops like the ones mentioned in this thread do get caught. Just because they are State Police doesn't mean the EP Officers will always just look the other way.

Back
Top Bottom