Starting to buy your own dive equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zoop Novo will be fine to get going and for quite a while after. Make sure to read the manual several times! It's display isn't intuitive I find, and mine defaults to a temp display bottom right of main screen. A single button push gets it to show elapsed time instead, but you dont want to be fiddling with buttons looking for a function. Enjoy your dive holiday!

Mike's dive store is in London (Chiswick) whereas Simply Scuba is a fair distance from London in Faversham, Kent. So on that basis alone I'd recommended Mike's over SS.
I haven't visited Simply Scuba but have been to Mike's a couple of times. They have a very good range of stock and the staff are knowledgeable (most, if not all, are divers). They can get very busy so you may want to bear that in mind - maybe avoid the weekend if you can.
Ocean Leisure in central London may also be worth a. visit... Ocean Leisure - London’s premier marine & water sports super store

We're flying to Gatwick so train or car isn't a problem. Looking for advice and being able to walk away with kit rather than them ordering in for us.

We're flying to Gatwick so train or car isn't a problem. Looking for advice and being able to walk away with kit rather than them ordering in for us.

Fair enough. Then Simply Scuba is a fairly straightforward drive from Gatwick - should be around 1-1.5 hours drive, depending on traffic.
I guess it's a case of checking which shop has the gear in stock that you're interested in then! Good luck with your mission :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom