DIR- Generic Stage position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello. Thanks and here are some pictures with the bottle.

This is a super important point. I was struggling with ideal stage placement. I actually had my chest drings in the "standard" dir position and felt my stage still wasn't ideal. My tech 1 instructor suggested moving them up and I was a little hesitant because they felt right and easy to reach and I was very hesitant to change them. I moved them up and it made a huge difference. I won't lie, its slightly harder to clip stuff off since I'm so used to the old height and my arm doesn't bend as easily for the new position. But the instructor was right on and it made 100% difference.

Yes ! This is what I started fine tuning . I think hip dring ok. But chest during needs adjustment to gain few centimeters maybe. Especially tightness, because actually I set chest drings too loose to lower the manifold (because was too high I think)... So now I need to tight them again to find the best position for both manifold high and stage position... All comments are welcome ! Regarding manifold position or other stuff :)

A Luxfer 200/207 BAR tank is going to be negative when full. The tail will start to float up around 150BAR, and the whole tank will be positive (depending on reg) somewhere round 50BAR.
You're right now at almost 150bars I can place it slowly at the bottom with it's bottom floating 10cm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.49.08.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.49.08.png
    440.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.50.04.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.50.04.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.50.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 10.50.15.png
    396.1 KB · Views: 138
A Luxfer 200/207 bar is definitely negative when full which is why depending on the type of diving sometimes it is better to use an 11L tank (S80) charged at 150 so the bottom of the tank naturally rise up and it will be in the position you are looking for.

Hard to tell from the pictures, but to get the stage closer to you, loop the bottom clip under the rubber tubing to shorten it. This will help to bring it up and streamline.

another point on bottom clip: you should adjust it but not make it too short only to make the bottle closer to you...it will be closer and somehow the bottom will rise up but when you'll be looking to unclip it you won't have enough space to easily find the clip and operate the d-ring.
The only real solution is to not go above 160 bar...it should be more than enough for most diving anyway

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom