DIR- GUE segregate deco regs from stage regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lorenzoid

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We generally rig our deco and stage regs the same way, and there is nothing visually distinguishing them. Do you have dedicated deco regs that you only use with O2 or EAN50 and dedicated stage regs that you only use with your stage bottles (e.g., EAN32), and if so, how do you distinguish them? Or are you not bothered by interchanging them between deco and stage use if all receive O2-compatible service at normal intervals?

Reactions: OTF
We generally rig our deco and stage regs the same way, and there is nothing visually distinguishing them. Do you have dedicated deco regs that you only use with O2 or EAN50 and dedicated stage regs that you only use with your stage bottles (e.g., EAN32), and if so, how do you distinguish them? Or are you not bothered by interchanging them between deco and stage use if all receive O2-compatible service at normal intervals?
Back when I was tech deco diving, I converted one of my Scubapro Mk 10 regs with an OEM oxygen conversion kit to use with 100% oxygen, exclusively.

My other Mk 10's I used on my other deco cylinders and didn't worry about them at all.

ETA: Just noticed that this thread is in the DIR-GUE forum. I didn't/don't dive DIR-GUE, so my reply might not apply here.

rx7diver

For accelerated decompression at high oxygen I use a dedicated green oxygen cleaned setup. Similar to this.
dr-rg5400_1e.jpg

I mean kinda? I have a variety of regs I've picked up over the years. The SP Mk2 is really the only "dedicated" one as it works well as a bullet proof floodable O2 reg. I wouldnt want to use it as a stage reg though. My others are Mk10, mk25, and a few apeks

For accelerated decompression at high oxygen I use a dedicated green oxygen cleaned setup. Similar to this.
View attachment 803831
If you're going to post in the DIR-GUE forum at least "try" to make the answer address the OP's interest

Stageregs are stageregs. Having them all O2-OK adds to equipment redundancy. There is ALWAYS the one reg that -needs- to malfunction at the divesite. If you need one... bring 3... especially stage-regs.

Thanks, Richard, Nick and Imla. That was what I suspected.

ETA: Just noticed that this thread is in the DIR-GUE forum. I didn't/don't dive DIR-GUE, so my reply might not apply here.
Yeah, I posted in the DIR-GUE forum for a reason. Thanks anyway.
Exactly why I posted in the DIR-GUE forum: because I know this method is not used by the GUE crowd, and I am wondering what they recommend instead (if anything).

So it seems the consensus from the people I'm addressing the question to is that you simply don't worry about a theoretical possibility of contamination of your O2-clean regs from EAN32 stage tanks, since they are supposed to be clean as well.

Much like @rjack321, I do have 2 dedicated O2 regs. They are Scubapro MK2 EVO / R195 (one has a left side feed) and I don't use them for anything else. Bullet proof and simple regulator that breathes like a dream at 20 feet or less.

All my other regulators (Apeks and Scubapro) can be used for primary, stage, or deep deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom