DIR- GUE segregate deco regs from stage regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a yellow hose on my O2 reg, and I did chose to put it there for color coding, NOT for underwater though, but to more easily identify it in the bag when grabbing from a dozen other regs which is my O2 reg.
I didn’t go out of my way to get a yellow hose there however, I needed a 40” hose and I happen to have one from a second stage (octo) I purchased, I would not let a perfectly good 40” hose go to waste just because it is colored.
When that hose needs replacing, I will buy a black one, not a big fan of looking like a circus clown with all kinds of colors on my gear, even regret getting the Halcyon first stages for my rebreather because of the blue, should have gone with the Scubapro ones.

Regardless of what color, model, feel or taste my regs have, my switching procedures underwater is unchanged.

All stage regs are equivalent to each other. Just grab one.

Color nonsense totally breaks down the second you have to lend someone the reg and it goes on a different bottle.

The only thing that works is permanently marked tanks and a robust switch procedure to that TANK. Not to the deco reg. Not to the green reg. Not to the reg marked 70’. To the appropriate tank.

All stage regs are equivalent to each other. Just grab one.

Color nonsense totally breaks down the second you have to lend someone the reg and it goes on a different bottle.

The only thing that works is permanently marked tanks and a robust switch procedure to that TANK. Not to the deco reg. Not to the green reg. Not to the reg marked 70’. To the appropriate tank.
So, you’re saying green tank?

Lean left yellow on the left side and rich right green on the right, it’s re-redundancy. Yellow hose on left and green hose on right, soft mouthpiece on left, hard mouthpiece on right, it’s re-re-re-redundancy bro.

So, you’re saying green tank?

Lean left yellow on the left side and rich right green on the right, it’s re-redundancy. Yellow hose on left and green hose on right, soft mouthpiece on left, hard mouthpiece on right, it’s re-re-re-redundancy bro.

It's been re-re-re hashed many times over many years why DIR does what it does. If you want to argue personal choice, you are in the wrong forum.

I swear man, if I could ever invent a sarcasm font, I’d be so rich! Would make it so much easier for people to get jokes

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom